Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 20.

• oh I just read above where start date changed! msybe there’s still a chance then to participate. I’ll try

• My apologies for not starting the games but two new projects have started at same time and now time to play is limited.

• Ships- Are you an Admiral?

whitebird - - Strategy

Nice post. So something that happened recently that surprised was the following: I was at war with AI and had galley ship on ocean dot. AI embarked troops and had to travel through the location where ship was stationed which I thought would be to their most certain demise. But to my surprise the troop convoy sailed right on through ! I had to chase them all the way to their landing site in order to sink the convoy before it disembarked. For sure my ship was on the ocean dot. So does one have to …

• Sounds like fun Dr. L! I would like to participate and agree with all terms and conditions as set forth above. wb

• The Best of Two Worlds

whitebird - - News

Hi Dr. L. Recommend that you followup with Avinus with a PM to have him elaborate a bit more on his statement (#35 above). I concur with his recommendation regarding developing some method of counteracting this tactic in tournament play. One other long time player I spoke to about the "raids" mentioned that it was a strategy used for a long while now. Seems the tactic really skewed the early game potential in favor of those player(s) doing so, leaving everyone else in the dust. Secondly, is ther…

• GEEZERS OF FORTUNE

whitebird - - Alliance Introductions

Hi DL Just an alliance recruit post question / issue directly associated with my inability to "discover" the Alliance tab on the main forum page. All taken care of now. I was able to overcome my innate ability to sometimes be a computer idiot and locate the Alliance application button just a moment ago. Thanks for your concern. wb

• GEEZERS OF FORTUNE

whitebird - - Alliance Introductions

Yea same problem. I can't locate an Alliance Tab other than the one on which I found this post. I'll keep searching but if you can get me there another way that would be nice. Thx.

• Hello Mr Dutch. I just wanted to share a much belated thank you with you for taking the time to respond and answer my questions. Very much appreciated.

• The Best of Two Worlds

whitebird - - News

Yes I would like to participate Dr. L. What is the actual start time? 3/29/20 at regular time of day change? Thx! wb

• Great explanation SF. Thank you again for you patience and with assisting a complete newbie to understand the game mechanics a bit better.

• Issue resolved upon arrival of Day 15. Thank you SF for all your work and patience with this matter. wb

• Just an update on situation. Day 14 has arrived and only one out of 15 colonist has been able to "land" and begin colonization. I sent SF another message via the original "bug report" chain email just a moment ago. Matter is unresolved as of this writing. Thank you for looking into this matter.

• How to File a Bug Report

whitebird - - FAQ

Well now there is this thread that clarifies a bit more what the new player will encounter when attempting to file a bug and if some type of "bug report instructions" are added to the FAQ's, then when players ask what to do in the chat room, the answer can be "check out the FAQ's. But a button to click established as a subset of the Show Settings" tab would be a nice addition.

• A big thanks to SF for chasing down the reasoning. Two requests though in lieu of having to deal with this situation without knowing "why this is happening": 1. Can this be added to the FAQ's (I'm one of those that reads the instructions first before attempting to play or use a new program - lol). 2. Can the terminology of the message be changed to read "end of peace period"? The coding obviously has to remain the same in order for the "temporary halt" to function properly, but can the message (…

• Playing first two games. One game has three players and the other just myself. Both have 14 day peace periods. Q#1 - Referencing the map shown on the daily Gazette, what can the other players actually see? In other words, is the world view map the same for all players? And so the areas showing as explored and those areas colonized are the same for everyone? Q#2 - Going to war in the areas of the "known" continents (core provinces) is pretty straightforward. But what about the unexplored territor…

• Game 2937307 I created this game and established parameters as 14 days of no aggression by either AI or players. Ever since day one, I've been receiving the following message when attempting to send a colonist to a location after having first explored the same area: "You cannot attack or invade computer players until 5:07 am" All landing attempts have been in "colonisable" territories. The game stats were set to 14 days for both no warring with players or AI's. So I figured the message had somet…

• Problem in game 2933465

whitebird - - General Discussions

Quote from Dr. Leipreachán: “Hello vihamia, Thanks for the report. All new units produced after research upgrade is complete will be created matching the new level, however pre researched upgrade units will remain at current level. All the best! ” Request just a bit more clarity on this topic please. The pre-existing lvl. 1 infantry units (at start of game) are not upgraded when a level 2 unit upgrade takes place. I've confirmed this (Day 6 - very first game). Question 1: what about new units pr…

whitebird - - FAQ

Point of clarity which I would appreciate a forum moderator to review and provide feedback on: When I went to the Support line on the homepage there were only two choices from the drop down menu available. Payment Issue and Purchased Item Not Received So it looks as though the instructions on how to file a bug report may be a bit outdated? Can someone confirm whether or not the method for how to file a bug report is as described above and if it is not then can you please provide new instructions…

whitebird - - FAQ

Quote from whitebird: “Would someone please write out a clear step by step description on how to access the page / location for filing a bug report. In CoW it is a subset of the "show settings" button at the bottom RH corner of the map page. I've looked everywhere for something similar and/or different with no luck whatsoever. Thank you. wb ” Found the answer after performing a better search. Slushfund wrote: "You have to go to bottom of your homepage and tap Bytro Support. Put "bug?" in subject…

whitebird - - FAQ

Would someone please write out a clear step by step description on how to access the page / location for filing a bug report. In CoW it is a subset of the "show settings" button at the bottom RH corner of the map page. I've looked everywhere for something similar and/or different with no luck whatsoever. Thank you. wb