Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 29.

• Best Positions at Game Start

marzohnne - - Strategy

WHAT'S THE BEST PLAYER POSITION ? This is a trick question actually. Someone asked this in the chat the other day. My answer was there is no such. Each has certain advantages, and an experienced player will build his empire properly, while an inexperienced one will make numerous mistakes. But you can make your choice work for you, if you know what kind of player you are. I think the best thing to do is to play each position at some point. Learn each position, so that in the future you can best u…

• Test

marzohnne - - Community Game Events

Quote from whitebird: “test ” fail. (lol)

• suggestions

marzohnne - - General Discussions

Quote from vrpes007: “would be better if the name of the country with whom i am trading is shown in the market along with the price of that produce , which will give us info of what that nation is producing more and how much is it earning . ” I have to say, I don't see how this would help. It might unnecessarily complicate the game. You can't for example trade with a nation you're at war with. You can also chose to have a trade embargo with someone, if you want to for whatever reason. And if you…

• Help

Quote from slushfund: “I was told you should be able to tap the screen and quit tutorial. It won't end your game just the tutorial mode. ” You should listen to slush, sometimes he even makes sense. Sometimes.

• The Capital

marzohnne - - Strategy

This one thing is such an important part of the game, and I see many players get depressed and bungle it so often. Basically they make any one of any number of mistakes and get their Capital taken, and then they shut down, and think their game is lost. I hope this post will educate many of you on just how to properly protect yourself, to prevent this from happening. First off, you do have to realize that losing your Capital can be a major loss. But there are 3 major ways to protect it and yourse…

• Dr. Leprechán's NWE FAQs

marzohnne - - FAQ

Someone suggested adding this to the thread, so here we go. HOW TO FILE A REPORT TO SUPPORT, FOR ANY ISSUE For this go to the community pages, look to the bottom next to where it has the copywrite symbol and BYTRO LABS you will also find SUPPORT/TOS/LEGAL NOTICE/PRIVACY POLICY. Each of these you can click on for information. But the one you will want is SUPPORT. Click on that, find an appropriate request type, type in a subject, and then be sure to describe the issue or bug you wish to report. B…

• Help

To build a building in a full province will just require you to first build the province to a larger size. Build administrators, and send to the province. When the admin arrives, then improve the size of the province. If the province is already as large as your research will allow, then you will want to do that research as soon as you can. Improving your province size is a necessary thing to do in the game, and something that improves the income, production of resources, and the manpower rate fo…

• Flags

Quote from Navarasa: “RE : I can't find any form to report bugs. ” For this go to the community pages, look to the bottom next to where it has the copywrite symbol and BYTRO LABS you will also find SUPPORT/TOS/LEGAL NOTICE/PRIVACY POLICY. Each of these you can click on for information. But the one you will want is SUPPORT. Click on that, find an appropriate request type, type in a subject, and then be sure to describe the issue or bug you wish to report. Be sure to include your IGN or in game na…

• Perspective affects your plans

marzohnne - - Strategy

Quote from Robert Parris: “Play the WHOLE map from the beginning of the game. You can't attack, but you can send an administrator to spy. BE each of your enemies for a few seconds as you scan the map. What could they do? What can you do? And where? To prevent them from gaining ascendancy. ” Be aware, that if you send a Admin to spy on me or just about any other experienced player, we will know what's it's for and then get prepared to go to war with you. So I don't recommend doing this unless you…

• The Music Hub

marzohnne - - Off-topic

I used to play a different 'conquer the world' game called Grepolis. When taking out someone's city, I would often send them this track: youtube.com/watch?v=U-tUbTU0jIA It was the theme song for the revamped BATTLESTAR GALATICA. The girl is singing in Sanskrit, the oldest known human language.

• Quote from NWE Alliance: “Will the province occupation moral loss increase if there are larger amount of troops? ' ” This seems like an awful waste of time to me. The problems? 1 - Their capital is already GONE, making it hard for them to gather resources to build more troops 2 - You are going to sit there waiting for days on end, for a province to revolt? While the percentage may be high, I think this % is generated but once a day, at the end of the day. So you're going to sit there, wait on 3 …

• 11 Things to NEVER do in NWE

marzohnne - - Strategy

These are things that can get you killed in NWE, unless you really know what you are doing in the game. Also, just to be aware, someone once asked what to do in a game, some general ideas, and I answered him. You will find the answer here in the forums. Find the following headings: Community -> Strategy -> New Player. If you never read this, you're just as wrong as any of these. 11 - Never dismiss those who may be willing to lend advice. Often conditions may be attached such as 'leave this area …

• Quote from Dr. Leipreachán: “I hope to start the game around 11am GMT ” Ouch! That gives a huge advantage to those living/working in Germany or the UK, and a disadvantage to those of us in the states. For me that will be 4 AM and about 3 to 4 hours before I can get online, unless I stay up all night.

• GEEZERS OF FORTUNE

marzohnne - - Alliance Introductions

Quote from whitebird: “I was able to overcome my innate ability to sometimes be a computer idiot ” We're all computer idiots at some point in our lives, but some of us manage to grow out of it. Quote from birdman66: “I created this alliance as a place where veteran players and friends to meet and play friendly games based on a code of honor and ethical conduct ” You are not the only player to have ever done so. I created the "Orden Pour Le Merite" about 4 years ago, as both an honorable group, b…

• Cherry Valley Masacre

marzohnne - - This Day in History

November 11th has another important date in history, 140 years later. Then at 11 am, on the 11th day, of the 11 month, 1918 marked the end of "the Great War". Later it was made a holiday in the U.S. by President Wilson, as Armistice day, though today it is remembered as Veteran's Day.

• Unit Promotion Bug

marzohnne - - Questions and Answers

Quote from DogberryWL: “There is literally no Economic strategy that can be followed in a playable fashion that is not actually a colonial or militaristic strategy. ” I tend to agree. Simply that if one focuses on economy so much, those who are focusing on conquest will ultimately destroy them. I tend to do a strong blend of econ/fighting that has served me well. Any game I ever focused on economy always left me too vulnerable for others to easily wipe me out.

• New Player

marzohnne - - Strategy

Quote from Avinus: “1. After conquering the province, always leave at least two units on it. ” Specifically, the province requires a total of 7 combat value of points to not rebel. This could be a level 1 mercenary at 100% morale, or 2 units that add to 7 points or higher. Be aware your province has a base 28% chance to revolt, and goes down from there, based on the strength of units there. So one unit can do it, in an emergency, they just will not do so very effectively. Quote from Avinus: “2. …

• Unit Promotion Bug

marzohnne - - Questions and Answers

Quote from slushfund: “Nope. you will have to send unwanted to the frontlines . To get them killed is only way to get rid of lower level troops. ” Yeah, I really don't like this rule, it's so unrealistic, on a game that does so well on so many other levels. Made one post about it on another thread, so not going to do that again.

• Quote from Dr. Leipreachán: “Account sitting is NOT ALLOWED! ” I do wish I knew EXACTLY what this was? I also know I never sit on any account, but I also try not to attack on day one of a game, because that's just foolish.

• I actually don't like this change. What would make more sense, is 'old units' that are in a location that has the building type that originally built them should have an option to pay for a 'upgrade' or 'repair' at any time. Suggest an old unit upgrade would cost incur a 33% morale hit, and take 1/3rd the time to build a new unit of the next tech level. Suggest units with less than 100% morale could be repaired and a percentage cost equal to 2/3rds the difference based on morale damage at curren…