Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 59.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Footbal Pub

I Patton - - Off-topic

Quote from I Patton: “Quote from I Patton: “Tuesday, June 21 @ 2100 (9:00PM) EDT Argentina (Group D leader) vs USA (Group A leader) Copa America This is Argentina's year....'cuz I said so! (crosses fingers) Argentina National Football Wikipedia ” Argentina beat USA (4-0). Argentina vs Chile on 26 June to see who gets 1st & 2nd place USA vs Colombia on 25 June to see who gets 3rd place (In the Copa America there is no "Retire" option) ” Chile defeats Argentina after double OT's penalty goals.

• Footbal Pub

I Patton - - Off-topic

Quote from The public enemy: “Quote from I Patton: “Quote from I Patton: “Quote from I Patton: “Tuesday, June 21 @ 2100 (9:00PM) EDT Argentina (Group D leader) vs USA (Group A leader) Copa America This is Argentina's year....'cuz I said so! (crosses fingers) Argentina National Football Wikipedia ” Argentina beat USA (4-0).Argentina vs Chile on 26 June to see who gets 1st & 2nd place USA vs Colombia on 25 June to see who gets 3rd place (In the Copa America there is no "Retire" option) ” Columbia …

• Footbal Pub

I Patton - - Off-topic

Quote from I Patton: “Quote from I Patton: “Tuesday, June 21 @ 2100 (9:00PM) EDT Argentina (Group D leader) vs USA (Group A leader) Copa America This is Argentina's year....'cuz I said so! (crosses fingers) Argentina National Football Wikipedia ” Argentina beat USA (4-0). Argentina vs Chile on 26 June to see who gets 1st & 2nd place USA vs Colombia on 25 June to see who gets 3rd place (In the Copa America there is no "Retire" option) ” Columbia defeats USA (1 - 0)

• Killing a single explorer

I Patton - - Questions and Answers

Quote from Behrend: “In Supremacy1914, when a single unit is killed in one tick, it doesn't automatically result in war. ” Really?

• Footbal Pub

I Patton - - Off-topic

Quote from I Patton: “Tuesday, June 21 @ 2100 (9:00PM) EDT Argentina (Group D leader) vs USA (Group A leader) Copa America This is Argentina's year....'cuz I said so! (crosses fingers) Argentina National Football Wikipedia ” Argentina beat USA (4-0). Argentina vs Chile on 26 June to see who gets 1st & 2nd place USA vs Colombia on 25 June to see who gets 3rd place (In the Copa America there is no "Retire" option)

• Quote from Aleena: “I'm in a game right now - that is RANKED - but 90% of the players have dropped out... Only have like 4 active players that are all far from each other - so it is all most as if we are just exploring and expanding on our own with out major conflicts... If interested; would love more players to join this game - 1513234 It might not be 100% of what your looking for - but at the moment it seems close It is on day 24 - but since expansion and exploration is so much slower in this …

• I'm looking for a few players interested in a "peaceful" game, in which building Colonial Empires is the main emphasis, to consider the mechanics and impact of colonial empires absent any widespread conquest in the Old World. I'm envisioning a game in which military conflict occurs but is relatively benign and with certain rules of engagement that would prevent the game from degenerating into one of "conquest". Interested potential participants can negotiate acceptable limits on warfare but I ha…

• I'm looking for a few players interested in a "peaceful" game, in which building Colonial Empires is the main emphasis, to consider the mechanics and impact of colonial empires absent any widespread conquest in the Old World. I'm envisioning a game in which military conflict occurs but is relatively benign and with certain rules of engagement that would prevent the game from degenerating into one of "conquest". Interested potential participants can negotiate acceptable limits on warfare but I ha…

• Place Names

I Patton - - General Discussions

DEVS? Seriously? "Kickapoo"?

• Place Names

I Patton - - General Discussions

DEVS? Seriously? "Kickapoo"?

• From the Santa Maria to the HMS Victory

I Patton - - News

LOL...I am so ignorant of this time period. I know what a grenadier is but....lol....whooosh (right over my head).

• Upgrade vs Construction

Quote from Streller13: “You're not meant to be able to establish a thriving series of colonies rich with different buildings straight off the bat. ” Ripple didn't say anything about a "thriving series of colonies" or a "thriving series of colonies right off the bat". If attributing extremist words/thoughts to someone else is the only way to make a point, then maybe there's no point to be made.

• Upgrade vs Construction

Quote from Ripple: “Just wondering what others think. Should upgrading the level of a province with an admin take up the construction slot? With an established city it really makes little difference, but with new colonies it slows down development a great deal. ” I'm not sure why it should. If a place already has the requisites to build or upgrade a building, why should improving the level of the place prevent the construction/upgrade of a building within that place? Having said that, I'm not su…

• It just occurred to me, an Alliance called "New World Trading Company" would sound rather benevolent and could conceal its true nature of conquest. Maybe using a name that is a euphemism (something sounding nice to conceal a not-so-nice truth) could be fun. In the real world, not every country with the word "Democratic" in its name is a Democracy.

• Role of the navy

Quote from Ripple: “Wow, I didn't realize questioning a game mechanic in a different thread would have anything whatsoever to do with game play style, or a question in a different thread. If the only purpose of having a navy in the game is to try to stop the flow of admin moving, something needs to be add/changed to expand on their significance. Others have suggested things such as range attack or the ability to blockade. Perhaps some of these other suggestions are something to be looked at more…

• Role of the navy

Quote from Ripple: “Admins can freely travel through other nations. All that is required is moving up the coast a couple of provinces before enbarking. I fully understand what you are saying, and agree it should work that way, but with admins and explorers having the ability to move around like they do, I am not sure it does. ” Yes, Admins can freely travel through other nations [with which you're not at war]. But, because you don't bother with explorers (as per the other thread) you can't disem…

• Role of the navy

I build a navy and blockade your Core Provinces, as well as, your colonies in the hopes of killing any Administrators you try to send, in an attempt to prevent you from improving the level of your colony. Meanwhile, my Core provinces are building a military to invade your colony and take it. As this is happening, your colony(ies) are relying on their Colonial Offices and Fortifications for all their military defenses. You can't send troops from your Core to the colony. You can't send troops from…

• Quote from Ripple: “I like the idea. It would add some flavor, especially for those who enjoy to rp. Wondering though, what if I had no interest in trade or colonies? Perhaps the naming scheme could be determined by the starting focus of the player who creates the coalition? ” Then I'd add "League" as a keyword (ie. Hanseatic League/Dudesche Hanse) and "Guild" and whatever else one can think up that doesn't sound like a WWII Alliance, lol.

• To establish the flavour of the time, wouldn't it make a certain amount of sense for Alliance groups to take on, within their names, the words "Charter" or "Trading Company"? List of Colonial Trading Companies "New World Trading Company" "Pan-Atlantic Charter" "West India Trading Company" (an historical entity) "Holland Land Company" (an historical entity...from which the founder of my hometown bought the land to settle)

• To establish the flavour of the time, wouldn't it make a certain amount of sense for Alliance groups to take on, within their names, the words "Charter" or "Trading Company"? List of Colonial Trading Companies "New World Trading Company" "Pan-Atlantic Charter" "West India Trading Company" (an historical entity) "Holland Land Company" (an historical entity...from which the founder of my hometown bought the land to settle)