Search Results

Search results 1-10 of 10.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• OK, so I came up with an idea for the "kicking" feature of the game, where a person in-match serves as the "Game Admin" (GA) would have a slightly-altered capability. The potential for abuse by the GA exists whenever players go inactive. And, let's face it, virtually every match has players that abandon. Well, after airing this new idea with @slushfund, he suggested I post it on the forums. So here goes...(edited from my correspondence with him). When in a match where a bunch of players have aba…

• suggestions

Stumpy Pete - - General Discussions

I think I agree with your reasoning, @marzohnne, but perhaps your reasons not to go along with the op's suggestions are a bit overly-elaborate. The op's idea has some merit, but I think the biggest reason not to go along with it, would simply be that it sounds like it would constitute a pretty complicated and complex implementation. Frankly, imho, the benefits for the users would be far outweighed by the costs to the developers....and I believe firmly that only a very small percentage of the use…

• Quote from slushfund: “Also terrain movements can whittle down the moral/HP of your troops and will not be in your paper.. ” It seems like you are talking about a different kind of terrain penalty, one where staying in a bad terrain actually lowers your unit health over time (wounding it percentagewise, not temporarily-lowering its maximum health value for the terrain type)...and I don't seem to recall that being the case for any of Bytro's games, except perhaps Conflict of Nations (CoN), for ce…

• The general rule is healing in all owned or allied provinces. So, no neutral or opponent provinces....and that would presumably include no unclaimed land. As usual, water units are different, since nobody owns the seas....well, in my games, I DO, but that's another story. Great Pirate Emperor Stumpy Pete at your service!

• Marzohnne - Introduction

Stumpy Pete - - Support Team

I don't remember my scores, but I probably only finished about a third of the games I started (*perfectionist). I was a huge empire builder and loved the series...probably played v.2 for a decade, also. Wound up playing v.3 for years and then v.4. I still play Civ 4 occasionally, also the Colonization version. Oh, and I love love love Colonization (I still play the original once in a blue moon, and I've recently started playing freecol). I've got Civ v.5 and v.6, but the hexagonal single-unit-on…

That's very interesting. As to the game, I got it probably in '94 or 95. And I tried playing it on several different occasions. But it's lack of ease of use (in my mind) made it take a backseat to Master of Orion and Civilization II, etc. I used to play tons of games back then. Oh, and I was an ace when it came to the space flight sims, the X-Wing and Tie Fighter series, and Wing Commander. Actually, I had all the early versions of those games and saved every one of them, even the old 5.25" and …

• If the above ^ post doesn't solve your problem, try clearing the cache on your browser. You might have some bad match data clogging up somewhere. After clearing the cache, when you log in, the download of game elements will take longer as it has to bring back various stuff that's normally stored locally. If you STILL can't pick a nation after all that, report it as a bug.

• Quote from Falconxr8: “Maybe a future upgrade to the game here. For gold no resources back? An upgrade option on troops would be great as well. Killing them off so one can replace...but then i guess that keeps the fights going. ” That probably wouldn't get implemented, as the gold usage for that purpose would likely far-exceed what is generally considered fair play for game balancing. But, you never know....they might do it. There is an easier way to get rid of the building...along the lines of …

Wow, I remember Dawn Patrol. I totally sucked at that game. I couldn't make the plane stay aloft....must've been stalling or something, over and over. It seemed pretty realistic, though, which was probably why I sucked at it, so much. Oh, and to everyone else, don't let that long-windedness statement scare you. I've got him beat, tenfold, on long-windedness. And yet, people tend to like my writings....if they stick around long enough to fully take them in. I've found @marzohnnes posts to be an e…

• Flags

Stumpy Pete - - General Discussions

Wouldn't it be simpler to just create a dynamic linked list (for future map changes and/or new maps) and then have each nation's general info be tied to the list by ID, instead of by line placement? That way, regardless of which match, or lines of code changed...or even maps changed....the info for each assigned nation name will follow it, regardless of which nation, where they are at, and other various custom parameters. This is basic OOD....encapsulate the data into a data type object (or clas…