Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 94.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• World conquest has yet come about in our global history, and it would be totally unfair unless the soldiers died of cold, starvation, and dysentery as it is our leaders are already living to biblical ages.

• (Note to developers we are obviously taking this game the wrong direction) I Read and agree Slomoney (since 1974) Mamluk

• APA Roleplay

slomoney - - Roleplay Games/Rounds

OK its day 11 I freed up a game slot popping in I am very disappointed 1 There where no general rules printed here nor in the News 2 In 11 days there was never 2 articles in the News that where player generated. 3 This was an APA game people 5 abandonments in the first 11 days if you join an APA game your expected to stick it out to the bitter end. Were they APA members probably not, were they Role Players obviously not. There are a few prime spots in the world if any APA player wants to join I …

• Game host, Right of way

slomoney - - Questions and Answers

I received one yesterday in a single day must be your game or your warring ways

• Speeding Things Up

slomoney - - News

I joined 3 games to test all the new speed and financial changes the speed I've discussed above Financial a little too much cash, it did effect the dynamics of the markets I found that most commodities rose in price than fell sellers absent and buy side dictating the market so that some of my commodity prices amongst the 3 games is in the 12 range. Goods and Lux being the obvious. I still think that the AIs are more aggressive even in the markets.

I believe that the recent speed changes have made AIs much more aggressive they can calculate times it takes to get support. Which doubled there attack probability and halved willingness to cooperate. Just watched a 6 province AI walk over a 14 province player in 48 hours. No its not an elite.

It is my suspicion that Poland is run by elite AI's lol.

• Speeding Things Up

slomoney - - News

Ok the biggest problem with the new speed is it actually gives AI's a much greater power when at war as they are 24/7 and a human player cannot be that. The other as I mentioned before is unit movement speed with battle moving twice as fast as a defender you have to be able to move your units from one province to another in less than 30 min. The attacker has all the tools to use time delay so forces in the area can be staged before the attacks. Once the attack begins it is essentially over becau…

• Try here some theory floating around. Undestanding the Combat Engine and for other helpful threads. forum.newworldempires.com/inde…pe=com.woltlab.wbb.thread

• send one of them a simple trade targeting there weakness (least produced) iron shortages are common give 2000 for 1800 that you can use. They should except. if they don't then you know your targeted. Strategy two fortresses if you can get to a level 3 fortress you can usually defend 60 to 15.

• I think there intent was to eliminate the possibility of survival as just colonies. The requirements to Core are still too high, but the real costs that are too high are city level costs especially in the 6-10 level you almost have to spend the capital to core these levels of captured city or the base costs will ruin you to maintain as a non-core.

• Speeding Things Up

slomoney - - News

It doesn't appear embarking times where changed they should also be changed reduced by 50% The more I look at it with battle times essentially being cut in half, it almost becomes impossible to send relief columns from within your own provinces all travel times need to be reduced or else anybody could buy an army of 12 and waltz thru the next country. I cant even get a cavalry unit to the next province in less than a hour how am I supposed to support my troops being attacked.

• SAD TITHINGS

slomoney - - Off-topic

Quote from Field Marshal Dan: “Considering that the Alliance system is designed precisely for these mentioned purposes, do you guys have any feedback to offer regarding the current arrangement for alliance play in NWE ? ” Well since its been so quiet, we could go with my first thought when alliances were announced I believe I said "DONT DO IT"

• Oh well if you start one up Deaf Eye you can see if I'm still here I'm active when I'm here but I can go dormant for a month or two at a time.

• forum.newworldempires.com/inde…pe=com.woltlab.wbb.thread Take a gander at these some of my more poignant commentary. Some times I throw up a question because something has changed but wasn't noted in the changes listed.

• The point being captconn is the game is still in development and there needs to be balance so that you can defend against the mighty and still have a path to victory and why have a repair function at all if it is not reasonable cost to complete. When they start really getting down to Victory Points fairness then we will have a potential of Parity eg. 0 VPs for occupied territory 30% VP for non core and 100% VPs for Core buildings + 1 VP per building that is fully repaired. Oh and of course the n…

• I asked this due to my careful due diligence in trying to determine when it is cost effective to repair Case in point I recently repaired a market building which cost me an equivalent of 1050 silver (assuming 3 silver cost to each commodity) This was in a level 4 non-core it returned to me 1 silver today in new taxation gee it must have been yielding 90% of its taxation value already so it will only take the game to last 1050 days to pay for that repair get my point. Repair charges are completel…

• I will make the same argument as always. Every major change has pushed the game towards WAR, and away from Economy and discovery. You are getting farther and farther from its original design, thus retaining fewer and fewer. Obviously you couldn't figure out how to monetize discovery and economic features. Sorry didn't mean to like myself lol. OK so battle is still the main driver for monetizing the game, let me give you some good non combat ideas 2nd lvl 5 monument 5,000 ducat licensing fee also…

• needs 4 more to start 20 player random

• NWE Brawl #05

slomoney - - News

Well in as much as I am probably one of the abandoners (mind you I forwarded all assets first) The only 2 games I have abandoned is Brawl 05 and Brawl 05v2 These are management sponsored games and obviously management for this game has been slipping as stated earlier or elsewhere a team brawl should have been restricted to Alliances after all isn't that what they are for. Team matches.