Search Results

Search results 1-17 of 17.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Meet the War Office

Vigor555 - - News

so when all of the econ players (which I am one of them who just refuses to build monuments) have all built their monuments, the number of victory points in the map has changed and still, none of them have the required victory points. They blew a lot of resources, and are in the same place they were before. If I see anyone building monuments they're getting attacked. My economy will be better because I haven't been wasting my resources on monuments and I will win. Colonies are so easy to take. I…

• btw, I could care less about my stats. I want to understand how and when we get points as a means of evaluating my opposition.

• what is a ranked game? How would I get in one? I have been at this level for a while. I don't think it has changed for several days. I had no rank for at least my first 5 days. In between it has changed occasionally. For a brief period it seemed to be updating regularly (brief, like a day and a half) Its almost as if the developers are doing the stats by hand on paper. I am a computer programmer (or I was, I went to college for it) so I feel like I have a pretty good idea of the difference betwe…

• Meet the War Office

Vigor555 - - News

I think the monument nerf was asked for. I can't understand why monuments give victory points at all. The winner is the one who builds the most churches? Building churches is great and all, but why would it make you the winner? Monuments should have some other purpose or not be in the game I think. Give them 10% to all production including manpower and 10% faster unit speed and 5% to morale or something per level. Then give them the building requirement of level 10 city. No victory points though…

• I've done so much and, nothing has changed for days I don't think. Why would these things not update automatically?

• Join the Pioneers!

Vigor555 - - News

I joined the pioneers, but I'm going to get kicked out because there will be no time in the next 7 days when I can spare the time to start another game. The games I have are too time consuming already. Mostly sending out administrators and waking up in the middle of the night to start research because they don't want to code a research queue because it would interfere with making people spend ducats.

• Meet the War Office

Vigor555 - - News

I think it would be a much better game if you would just let us play. You guys have more regulations than Democrats. One more building to fit into our tiny little building slot box. If someone wants to put a merc camp, barracks, and colonial office in every city, why should you care? Do real cities run out of ground to build things? if someone wants to build more units than their economy can support, why should you care? Make them start losing morale if there is a shortage of upkeep stuff. Citie…

• Join the Pioneers!

Vigor555 - - News

they invite you. Apparently its not like fight club though. You're not supposed to talk about fight club. Apparently we can talk about Pioneers. Unless Alkynor didn't get the memo that you're not supposed to talk about Pioneers. Anyways, I just joined, and now none of my games are working. Chat was working briefly, and others said they were having no problems. Me, and another guy who joined pioneers apparently can't play but everyone else can. Something seems fishy about this.

• Server Crash?

Vigor555 - - Questions and Answers

time to wake up the developers

• Server Crash?

Vigor555 - - Questions and Answers

me too, I accepted pioneers and now all of my games are running slowly or not loading up.

• Making the world a better place

Vigor555 - - News

Oh, and I am afraid this is related to the update, but I just did a multi-settlement rally point setting (selecting cities in province view, then removing rally point, and setting a new rally point) and one of the cities didn't show the rally point path. (Sivas, in the east edge of the Ionian peninsula.) I think it starts off as Ottoman. Anyway, only half of its path showed. Then when I clicked on a different city, the other half of Sivas's rally point showed (it shouldn't have, it wasn't select…

• Making the world a better place

Vigor555 - - News

Good update, the combat timer added to battles is nice. I'm not sure it works for naval battles though. I just had a naval battle and hovered, and it didn't come up. However, I also had a land battle where it didn't come up immediately but I moved the cursor around until it did. So, maybe it is working for naval battles and just wasn't registering for some reason. Too bad I don't know the reason, otherwise I could suggest a fix for it. The fact that it works at all is nice. A game clock in the n…

• NWE Irish Server?

Vigor555 - - Off-topic

no, because the main server is not well populated. Having another server would make it harder to find games. I could personally care less whether or not the people I play speak my language. It would be simpler to have a language preference in game where you can switch the chat to a different language or read all of the game relevant information in whatever language you want to. If I must talk to someone, I could use google translate. There should be one server, until that server is overloaded, t…

• Major Balancing Changes

Vigor555 - - News

Quote from slomoney: “I am leaving this game, as all you have done is try to make it, faster to the Slow of Mind ” I thought you were leaving the game anyway? Why are you still here trolling the forum of people who still see potential?

Vigor555 - - News

I'm in an active game. Its day 9. I could finish this in no time. I could finish this without fighting anyone. I could finish this before it would even be fun. I already told one player I don't intend to attack him or the player he is afraid of because it is the first game for all of us and I'd rather they learn the game. But you are right on one thing. I have played many games. Some of those ideas I mentioned are adaptations of the longest running active game I have ever played. It maintained a…

Vigor555 - - News

oh, and also make resources randomly generated at the beginning of every round. Either that or don't allow a country selection option or else players will learn which countries have good setups and which don't. Each country should start with a minimum number of the essential resources and have the rest of their resources randomly generated. I.e. Capital level 8 goods in a fixed location. 1 of each food/minerals/goods/rawmat Rest random with one of them level 7(the level 7 should be random too).

Vigor555 - - News

Why are there caps on any units? Isn't it enough that they require upkeep and a resource that is in short supply (manpower). To get manpower you need to spend manpower upgrading cities/colonies. There are already so many impediments to maintaining a large (or even small) army, what is the point of the cap? I feel like I hardly have any units, but producing more, cuts down on my manpower production. Even then, I have researched a few cap level bumps and am still closing in on the cap. Why do monu…