Search Results

Search results 1-19 of 19.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Oh no, not again! Those guys are a pain in the tuchus . . .

• War Stories

TarquinTheDark - - General Discussions

Lift, Tarquin the Dark, your face from brooding over the sad disgrace when wicked Slushfund stormed your place and drove you to the fen. Scot said "Your numbers sure will tell. Soon Moscow's taxes you'll compel. Dismiss any thought of the fields of Orel, or Mstislav's valiant men." Now see the swords of Mstislav flashing over Ukraine's mob. See all the brethren of the Slav beneath Tarquin's banners. Rus-ter of a fighting stock, would you let a Cossack cock crow out upon a Russian rock? Fly forth…

• Speeding Things Up

TarquinTheDark - - News

As a fairly new player, I had noticed that in some games my provinces were producing much less than others. Glad I finally found this thread. Maybe something could be added to the map descriptions? "This map uses old production rules." "This map uses new production rules." Concerning people quitting, I have noticed that a lot of people with fairly high rankings seem to be serial quitters . . . maybe just joining games to get points for surviving. They take up spots more active new players could …

• Don't forget about Trade Companies, plenty of VP there if you do it right.

• That's why I didn't base the idea on who owns Rome. Also, because the power is unenforceable except by consensus, it winds up just being an irritating way to create RP situations. You could also derive the power to declare Treuga Dei, when any christian state that wars on another gets the interdict. The pope should be beholden to an alliance, most of them were. With a new pope every day, let the fun and confusion commence.

• Have a new pope every day on a three day cycle, cycling between Naples, Genoa, and Venice. If Spain, France, or Austria conquers one of them, then they take it's place in the rotation. Pope can declare interdict on one (Christian) country or crusade on one (Muslim) country. All Christian states must embargo (interdict) or declare war on (crusade) that country, until a new pope rescinds the order; or automatically get the interdict themselves. Of course if these powers get abused too much, everyo…

• IDK - maybe give Venice Ogulin instead of Lugano, and give Lugano to Savoy? I don't think Portugal has to be boring, give them Galicia.

• The Swedes owned Viborg Castle (in the general area but north of St. Petersburg) until 1710. The town of St. Petersburg wasn't founded until 1703. They also built a small fort at Krepost Nyenshantz in 1611; in what is now the east side of the city.

• Schadenfreude

TarquinTheDark - - Alliance Introductions

Do not let the tag mislead you. I do not discriminate on the basis of gender, gender preference, or gender identification. The Schadenfreude would be more potent with chick [DICK]s in the mix.

• Lost of Capital

TarquinTheDark - - Questions and Answers

I think you need a core province to build a new capital, and it would take at least three admins to convert a colony to core. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

• exclude was a poor word choice on my part.

• A game for grinders that excludes landsknecht pumpers? I'd try it.

• So can players attack each other ON day 7, or AFTER day 7? Asked purely for defensive purposes, of course . . .

• Schadenfreude

TarquinTheDark - - Alliance Introductions

I am looking for members who are: active strategic thinkers operational thinkers willing to learn willing to teach friendly irritating opinionated curious irreverent insane aggressive ruthless competitive determined interested in history did I mention active? and most of all, FUN! If you are any of the above, you may have what it takes to proudly wear the [DICK] tag!

• Alliance Wanted!

TarquinTheDark - - Recruitment Centre

Friendly, competitive, new, and mad? You should join Schadenfreude! It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Then it's just fun.

• I'm in.

• What am I Missing?

TarquinTheDark - - General Discussions

Clearly, you are too strong a leader for your opponents. Try to start slowly so they think they have a chance.

• Can you upgrade an Administrator?

TarquinTheDark - - FAQ

Do Economy research. The ability to upgrade a province to Level 7 is an option at Economy level 1. Upgrade to Level 8 is available at Economy level 3.

• I say "Hi" and offer right-of-way just to start a conversation. Can't start an alliance or a friendship without words. Whether the other guy turns into enemy or ally, getting a handle on how they think is another weapon in my arsenal.