Level up to get your grounds!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Level up to get your grounds!

Greetings Emperors & Kings,
      today we have released a major update to New World Empires: province building grounds.
      A province now has a limited amount of building grounds within the province that can be used to build buildings on. Every additional type of building needs a free ground to be build. You can increase the number of available grounds by increasing the province level. It starts with 1 ground in a level 1 Colony and eventually reaches 6 grounds in a level 10 Core Province.
      Higher building levels do not require additional grounds.
      This change comes along with a new balancing for province levels, which will also give you a higher boost on resource production in higher levels.We believe that this will add some nice additional complexity, since it is now important to decide where to build what and of course it makes the leveling up gameplay even more interesting.
      (Already running rounds will keep all buildings, but constructing new ones will not be possible if there are no free grounds.)
      Next to this we have also added a lot of functionality for the adviser and it will now ask you how you want to play the game and tailor the advice which is given to you. You can choose between the different main strategies: Warfare, Economy and Colonization.
      Find below the complete list of changes:
      Features & Fixes
      • Support for displaying & handling building grounds
      • Higher province levels now unlock more building grounds
      • All buildings (except for the “capital”) now require a building ground to be built
      • Many new adviser tasks
      • Adviser asks for focus selection “Warfare” vs. “Economy” vs. “Colonization” and will adapt the advice
      • Production buildings are now both, listed on their page as well as in the buildings tab in production
      • Production screen now summarizes the possible researches to avoid clutter
      • Production screen now guesses the proper tab to open when clicked on the production icon of a province. When in capital -> Civilians, when a Harbor is present -> Ships, etc.
      • Actions which consume civilian units now have an explanation / confirmation popup. Players can select a “Do not show again” box in that popup which will not show it again in that browser.
      • Unit popups list the HP of the units per terrain (difference between land / sea)
      • Reworked most tooltips in the province bar removing obsolete information, changing wording & display and adding new relevant infos
      • Province bar progress bars were partially broken in shared map when looking at an allied province
      • Province bar: clicking on the relation icons (war / peace / etc) now also opens the diplomacy list centered on that player.
      • Ordering a new capital will now ask for confirmation and inform that the capital will in fact be moved to the new location
      • Province level popup tooltips now show the production bonus not as a relative change to some for the player not visible base production but as the actual total production of that level
      • Closing the espionage view on the left side now also closes any open espionage windows
      • Various small layout, wording, typo fixes
      • Updated all unit images to nicer version
      • Heavy ships can now be named
      • Explorer no longer can be named
      • System proposes default names for units which can be named
      Balancing
      • Rebalanced the map: province levels, base production and produced goods can be changed
      • Provinces in colonizable land no longer produce Goods
      • Fixed money balancing (province levels now increase tax production)
      • Reduced the upkeep of all fortress levels
      • Province Level bonus now also affects money production
      • Province level 3 no longer needs a colonist to be built
      • Increased the view range of all units by 25%
      • Market level 3 now gives 70% bonus on money production, instead of 20%
      • Market (all levels) and fortress level 2 cannot be built in colonies
      • Adjusted the production of trade company (The bonus is now bigger for higher province levels)

Your New World Empires Team
    • Sweet.
      Leadership is solving problems. The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them. They have either lost confidence that you can help or concluded you do not care. Either case is a failure of leadership.

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
    • Now I have a Problem with the building ground. I have already build the maximum and I cant not need the administrator, because he also need a building ground.

So in my games in man provinces I can not build anymore and I can also not destroy a building to have place for the administrator.
      „Berûche mich, getrûwir got:
      Der vatir sende mir dî macht,
      daz iz werde vollinbrâcht,
      des ich hî gedenke ;
      des sunis wîsheit lenke
      mîne cranken sinne,

Nikolaus von Jeroschin (1290-1341) Kaplan d. Hochmeisters d. Dt. Ordens

The post was edited 1 time, last by Seele07 ().

• Yes I can not upgrade the level of a province, because that need building ground.
      that must be fixed, so that administrators dont need building ground to level up a province. If I conquer a province with buildings I can not build more. And all the players who dont now about this build in their provinces and later their con not level up.
      des ich hî gedenke ;
      des sunis wîsheit lenke
      mîne cranken sinne,

The post was edited 1 time, last by Seele07 ().

• Second problem. My colonist just spent 18 hours travelling to upgrade my province. 1. He is no longer needed there to make the upgrade, 2. The upgrade cannot be made anyway because I have reached the building limit for a level 2 colony!
      Please fix this stuff up.
      Add some new complexity to the game hey? Sure did. But no-one thought it through, or did you mean to make it impossible!
      Keep Smiling, people will wonder what you have been up to! :)
    • The 0 Manpower is a bug. There is no province that produced Manpower. Normally provinces and barracks produce Manpower, but in the Moment there is no producing of Manpower.
      des ich hî gedenke ;
      des sunis wîsheit lenke
      mîne cranken sinne,

• "Provinces in colonizable land no longer produce Goods"

So what do the colonies I established to specifically produce goods now produce?
      Where do i get EXTRA goods production from if I do not want to go to war?
      Does this mean I have to become a warrior, not a colonist to play successfully?
      I thought I was supposed to have a choice?
    • Enlightning Man wrote:

It starts with 1 ground in a level 1 Colony and eventually reaches 6 grounds in a level 10 Core Province.
      Higher building levels do not require additional grounds.
      Where in a colony/province does it give me the number of building grounds available?
      Why am I being told that I cannot repair a harbour damaged by native attack because I do not have the grounds available? I only have 2 buildings (harbour and colonial office) in a level 3 colony.
      Is all the building and work done previously now wasted time and effort?
      And why aren't any of my questions being answered?
    • Guys relax. There are currently two bugs which we are fixing right now.

1) no manpower production
      2) level up / repairing is not possible in provinces which have reached or exceeded the now allowed number of building grounds

Both will be fixed asap and then everything will be fine.

And sorry, when we are not faster in answering, but we ware working in CET timezone. It is the morning right now ;)
    • actually, this update screwed up the whole "Colonization" strategy. If you want the most of a colony, you need to build a Trade Company there. Yes, the Trade Company needs goods for upkeep, so a goods producing colony with trade company and various other buildings might have been a game breaker - i don't know, i didn't play back then. But now: you can't level up a colony beyond level 3 without losing the trade company - if you turn a lvl 3 colony into a lvl 4 non-core province, you actualy lose production, both due to the non-core-malus and due to losing the trade company. So, a lvl 3 colony only has 2 building grounds! One of them is the trade company, so only one other building is possible - you can't have harbor and infrastructure to boost moral and production, nor can you have colonial office and fortress to defend the province. This is no longer about setting priorities, it's about all colonies being crippled. If i still chose to go for colonization, i might get to build a lot of trade companies - only to run out of goods to support them? Goods are needed for so many things - right now, with very few active players per map, it might be quite easy to find an inactive neighbour to conquer. But once the game attracts more players, the neighbour with the good goods provinces might be someone with more regular or even mercenary troops - if i went "full Colonial Branch", i'd be screwed trying to conquer a european nation.

So actually, this updates seems more dis-balancing against the colonial strategy than balancing anything.

My proposal:
      - give colonies one Building Ground per Level,
      - lvl 5 and lvl 6 provinces would then get the 4th Building Ground and so on
      - place at least some Goods provinces in colonizable land - maybe only in hard-to-explore and hard-to-colonize inland areas with many angry natives, so the player has to earn those jewels.