Diplomatic Shock

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Diplomatic Shock

Dear Queens and Kings,

during the past night the diplomatic relations in many games were completely reset to peace. In addition, they couldn't be changed to something else. Out emergency team has been working intensely on a solution and has come so far that setting relations is possible again and mandatory relations for teams/coalitions got restored. All other relations for now have to be restored manually. We deeply regret this incident and further measures/compensations will follow as soon as possible.

Your New World Empires Emergency team
      Felix / Alkyonor
      Community Manager
      Bytro Labs GmbH
    • Alkyonor wrote:

Dear Queens and Kings,

during the past night the diplomatic relations in many games were completely reset to peace. In addition, they couldn't be changed to something else. Out emergency team has been working intensely on a solution and has come so far that setting relations is possible again and mandatory relations for teams/coalitions got restored. All other relations for now have to be restored manually. We deeply regret this incident and further measures/compensations will follow as soon as possible.

Your New World Empires Emergency team
      Glitches happen - that's fine. But i would like to request you to roll back the game to a previous snapshot.
      That is the minimum you should do to redress the situation.

I unintentionally captured 3 provinces from teammates while walking by. One of them got real angry. Now i have to wait 3 days to give those back 1 by 1. That has a real effect on the game more than a mere diplomatic status reset.

Setting the diplomatic status manually is not a big deal but the question is what happens to the teammate attack events that are not even supposed to be allowed irrespective of diplomatic status.

In my opinion it will be illogical and incompetent if you do not roll back (at least for the games affected).
    • One of the side effects of this was a game I was in at day 120+ with one other player. All of Africa and South America and Most of North America were colonized by a tons of different countries... all of which except for 3 or so I had Right of Way on.

SOoooo I go to sleep having my units scattered all over trying to pick up the colonies on the few that I was at war with and my units moving along quite nicely...then BOOM... with the massive peace all my moves are seen as attacking the cities I am moving through and I wake up at war with 15 or 20 countries...

OY... life happens one catastrophe at a time/./// it is after all a game.
    • There was a universal bug that wiped out all the relations with the AI and set them to peace. This affected all the games.

I have to commend the company for their response and it appears that the relations as they were before the bug have been restored.

While in one game I think I am now at war with 7 countries where I had troops passing through on Right of Way I can understand and deal with it.

However, their fast response and restoration for the most part is an excellent reflection on the company.

Having been raised on the concept that in general, how you deal with your mistakes shows more about your character than the mistake itself usually, I give them a gold star for this crisis.
    • Update on diplomacy bug

Today, we have released the following fix(es):
      • Team/coalition games have been reset to their correct/default relations. No further resets will happen.
      • Games created between Saturday afternoon and Sunday afternoon (= trade embargo bug: all country relations were set to trade embargo) have been reset to peace (excluding teams/coalitions, of course).
      • All newly-created games will work normally.
      Regarding the compensation of affected players, please follow our official announcements on the website and in the forum.
      Felix / Alkyonor
      Community Manager
      Bytro Labs GmbH