Speeding Things Up

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Speeding Things Up

Greetings, Kings & Queens,

today the previously announced balancing changes have been released to live games. They will affect all game rounds (existing and newly-created ones) and introduce two major changes to the way New World Empires' combat and economy works.

Build times and attack speed of military units have been adjusted to allow for faster combat. Also, changes to the resource balance of provinces will boost players' starting provinces while making conquering small AI countries less profitable.

You can look up all the changes in the detailed release notes on the forum. We hope you like the update and look forward to hearing your feedback.

Your New World Empires team

##############

Changes to build times and combat speed:
      - Build times of ALL combat units will be lowered by 33%.
      - Time between combat ticks will be lowered by 50% (30min instead of 60min).
      - Administrator movement speed is increased by 50%.

Changes to player countries (= possible player starting countries):
      - increased money production and starting money of player countries by 140%
      - increased manpower production and starting manpower of player countries by 80%
      - increased luxury goods production and starting luxury goods of player countries by 50%
      - increased production of all other resources and amount of all other starting resources of player countries by 20%

Changes to AI countries (= small AI-only starting countries):
      - increased money production and starting money of AI countries by 20%
      - decreased manpower production and starting manpower of AI countries by 10%
      - decreased luxury goods production and starting luxury goods of AI countries by 25%
      - decreased production of all other resources and amount of all other starting resources of AI countries by 40%

Changes to colonizable countries (= provinces in the Terra Incognita):
      - increased money production and starting money of colonizable countries by 60%
      - increased manpower production and starting manpower of colonizable countries by 35%
      - luxury goods production and starting luxury goods of colonizable countries remain at current value
      - decreased production of all other resources and amount of all other starting resources of colonizable countries by 20%
      Felix / Alkyonor
      Community Manager
      Bytro Labs GmbH
    • It doesn't appear embarking times where changed they should also be changed reduced by 50%
      The more I look at it with battle times essentially being cut in half, it almost becomes impossible to send relief columns from within your own provinces all travel times need to be reduced or else anybody could buy an army of 12 and waltz thru the next country.

I cant even get a cavalry unit to the next province in less than a hour how am I supposed to support my troops being attacked.

The post was edited 2 times, last by slomoney ().

• <p>The only changes i observed was: </p><p>1- Non core provinces are producing 10% of resources and money of a originary core province.</p><p>2- Non core provinces (conquered provinces) when upgraded to Core just produce only 50% of resources of a originary core province.</p><p><br></p><p>this was related in the bug report 3 days ago)</p><p>I hope you solve these problems soon... </p><p>:)</p><p><br></p>
    • <p></p><p><br></p><p><br></p><p><br></p><p><br></p><p><br></p><p>i have conquered small and large AI controlled countries .... All provinces produce the same ! in the 2 games im playing the result is the same! All provinces AI Controlled conquered do produce half of resources</p><p><br></p>
    • no make sense

<p>game 1871052...</p><p>province Aneyzeh level 5</p><p>non -core province loyal to Najd</p><p>production: 273 goods</p><p>306 coins</p><p>105 manpower</p><p><br></p><p>Daily upkeep 250 food 100 goods</p><p><br></p><p>like you can see no make sense ....</p>The costs of the conquered provinces are greater than the profits provided by them<p>....</p><p></p>
    • ph1959 wrote:

<p>game 1871052...</p><p>province Aneyzeh level 5</p><p>non -core province loyal to Najd</p><p>production: 273 goods</p><p>306 coins</p><p>105 manpower</p><p><br></p><p>Daily upkeep 250 food 100 goods</p><p><br></p><p>like you can see no make sense ....</p>The costs of the conquered provinces are greater than the profits provided by them<p>....</p><p></p>
      I am n ot sure where you are copying this from, but at least please edit the rubbish out of the text.
      I am Deaf_Eye_Ant (Say it quickly ...lol). Greetings from the land downunder.
    • Provinces of big AI countries (the ones that you can choose as a player when the game starts) produce the same amount as your provinces. Only the small AI countries (that you cannot choose as player when the game starts) produce less. So if you only conquer big AI countries you will have more resourcews than before the update. if you don't, then you will still have more money than before the uograde and can buy more resources in the market.
    • freezy wrote:

Provinces of big AI countries (the ones that you can choose as a player when the game starts) produce the same amount as your provinces. Only the small AI countries (that you cannot choose as player when the game starts) produce less.
      Assume some other player conquered some AI countries, then got annoyed by the poor results and went inactive. I conquer the inactives players territory. How do I know, which of my new provinces are "former big country" and which are "former small country" provinces?
    • Ok the biggest problem with the new speed is it actually gives AI's a much greater power when at war as they are 24/7 and a human player cannot be that.
      The other as I mentioned before is unit movement speed with battle moving twice as fast as a defender you have to be able to move your units from one province to another in less than 30 min. The attacker has all the tools to use time delay so forces in the area can be staged before the attacks. Once the attack begins it is essentially over because the attacked has little time to launch a counter attack.
    • I joined 3 games to test all the new speed and financial changes the speed I've discussed above

Financial a little too much cash, it did effect the dynamics of the markets I found that most commodities rose in price than fell sellers absent and buy side dictating the market so that some of my commodity prices amongst the 3 games is in the 12 range. Goods and Lux being the obvious. I still think that the AIs are more aggressive even in the markets.
    • freezy wrote:

Which was unfortunately not as successful. So well, we have to try some things and adjust the game formula. If it works out this will open new opportunities in the future.
      With the new update, AI provinces underproduce. It is frustrating having some provinces who consume more than produce. Then I saw a lv.4 province producing more than a lv.8 (the lv.8 had an officine and an harbor too) because the lv.8 was part of a small country. I think the small-countries production was reduced too much, now their provinces are almost useless.

And restore the old market too, some resources now are overpriced (I play a match where the cheapest food costs 11). I think the market is not a priority now.

I hope this update will be released as soon as possible, it's quite unplayable atm.

The post was edited 1 time, last by SimonePadoin_ ().

• I vote that the Rescourcechanges should be removed and set back to normal.

The map "Age of discovery" has these changes.

The map "Randomized Terra Incognita" hasn´t these and is still on normal production.

As i saw the people are totally preffering the Terra Incognita Map and dislike the Age of Discoverymap just because of these Rescourcechanges.

When i look in the forums i see that after these changes the forumactivity went down, less players are posting here when they did before.

So I dont think most ppl hated the rescourcechanges.
      Auch früher bekannt als "Der Grosse Diktator"

oder als

Ritter Sport - quadratisch, praktisch rund
    • As a fairly new player, I had noticed that in some games my provinces were producing much less than others. Glad I finally found this thread. Maybe something could be added to the map descriptions?

"This map uses old production rules."

"This map uses new production rules."

Concerning people quitting, I have noticed that a lot of people with fairly high rankings seem to be serial quitters . . . maybe just joining games to get points for surviving. They take up spots more active new players could be in.

I deliberately target players that I recognize as doing this ASAP. It not only reduces the ducats they earn, from now on, I know that their provinces have better production.
      It's got my troops all over it. That makes it mine. - Henry II, The Lion in Winter

Half these quotes aren't even Machiavelli, . . . doesn't anybody check these? - Machiavelli
    • TarquinTheDark wrote:

I deliberately target players that I recognize as doing this ASAP. It not only reduces the ducats they earn, from now on, I know that their provinces have better production.
      I have also started to take out AFK Players as they just steal ducats for all my hard work whilst they sit on that account...

We should have a automatic ejection from a game (Some games they sit as admins and hold up) after a certain period with no ducat compensation or alternatively if the game ends only ACTIVE players can share.