Ranking question

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• OK, here is another question. I am currently ranked 13th with 77,597 overall points. Someone who two days ago had a score less than mine currently has about 17,000 more points than I do. I know how long it takes to accumulate points, how did someone jump from around 72,000 to over 90,000 in two days? Also currently there is no one ranked third. I'm beginning to think it's not real, which does lessen the game to me. Somebody want to jump in on this?
    • Robert Parris wrote:

I keep having questions on this topic. Let's say I build up a province with buildings, all of which are giving me ranking points. Then I give that province to someone else. Am I giving away the ranking points from having built those buildings?

No you still have your ranking points but you in game Victory points will be taken from you and given to the new province holder

Robert Parris wrote:

OK, here is another question. I am currently ranked 13th with 77,597 overall points. Someone who two days ago had a score less than mine currently has about 17,000 more points than I do. I know how long it takes to accumulate points, how did someone jump from around 72,000 to over 90,000 in two days? Also currently there is no one ranked third. I'm beginning to think it's not real, which does lessen the game to me. Somebody want to jump in on this?

All players ranked are real players :D who worked to get their ranking points. What looks to be the case here is that player is prob in many ranked games building and attacking and may even be using ducats to fastract builds and his points are been collected much faster as the points update daily.
      Have fun playing!
      Dr. Leipreachán
      NWE Community Coordinator

Feel free to check these guides;
      NWE Combat System
      NWE FAQ
      A Quick Start Guide
    • At over 90,000 points when I first posted this thread. Just looked, now they are over 100,000 points. That's 10,000 point gain since I posted yesterday. Over 30,000 points in three days. That is an unbelievable rate. They have been in 45 games. I have been in 58. I am well aware of how points accumulate. Something is wrong here. Also there is no one at the number 3 spot. Jumps from Dyavris at number 2 to Earl Slayer at number 4. Someone should look into what is wrong with the ranking system. No number 3 slot, and someone jumping 30,000 points in 3 days. Do you realize what amount of a combination of things has to happen to accumulate 30,000 points? Much less in 3 days. I'm about done with this game if there is no satisfactory answer. I spend money here too and it's about to end.
    • Hello Robert Parris, let me briefly comment on your observations: First, the reason for the missing #3 is that the user who holds that place has deleted their account. Whereever they would normally rank you will see a missing entry. (Thus, if you surpass him, the #4 row will be missing and you will be #3.) This is technically not a bug (since it is just how the system works) but it is of course very confusing and slightly unprofessional. Second, some players are either very active or 'farm' large unit stacks to boost their stats. That is to say: It is indeed possibly (but also hard to achieve) to acquire such a large amount of ranking points within a few days. We also had a bug/oversight that led to the Adminstrator unit granting way too many ranking points (equaling heavy military units). We fixed that by now but it might have allowed players to level up too fast. If you have further questions/concerns please file a bug report so that we can investigate further if necessary.
      Felix / Alkyonor
      Community Manager
      Bytro Labs GmbH
    • @Robert Parris @Alkyonor

I spoke about this problem already few months ago and nobody do anything.. first after RobertParris post it was something fixed, but also not full correctly, because old main points are still there!

After last update ranking points are not counted correctly and this make me sad and is really dissapointing. I made ticket one week ago and still nothing.. even no answer. How should I understand? Why you ignore top ranked players, which spend money for this game?

Here this problem:

Andrea Espositano (rank 1),
      because: 159.679 (!) military points + 20.291 economic points

ok., and now let me count his military points exactly:
      combat stats: 83.239
      combat stats AI: 0
      all military points should be: 83.239 and not 159.679!
      diffrence: +76.440 points too much!!

CORRECT POINTS OF ESPOSITANO: 83.239 military + 20.291 economic points = 103.530 and not 179.970!

Why you give him +76.440 military points for nothing?
      It's really irritating for other players and many already talking about it,
      pls correct this HUGE mistake!

next one:

Dyavris (rank 2),
      because: 139.388 (!) military points + 31.186 economic points

let's count now together:
      combat stats: 8.963
      combat stats AI: 88.364
      all military points should be: 8.963 + 88.364 = 97.327 and not 139.388!
      diffrence: +42.061 points too much!

CORRECT POINTS OF DYAVRIS: 97.327 military + 31.186 economic points 128.513 and not 170.574!

as last my points:
      illum1nati (rank 3)
      military + 28.357 economic points

details:
      combat stats: 44.280
      combat.stats (AI): 38.922
      all military points: 83.202 and not 100.171!
      diffrence: +16.969 points too much!

CORRECT POINTS OF ILLUM1NATI: 83.202 military + 28.357 economic points = 111.559 and not 128.528!

So should look 3 first places:
      1. Dyavris - 128.513 points
      2. illum1nati - 111.559 points
      3. ? Espositano (103.530 points) should even not have third place!

And nobody of us should have 23 level!

I know why this mistake is coming.. because you fixed points for admins from 12 to 4, but not updated main points by ranking and there are still to see old points where was counted 12 points for admin, that's why this huge diffrence.

Espositano:
      killed admins: 9.555
      points before: 114.660
      points now: 38.222
      diffrence: +76.438!

Dyavris:
      killed admins: 4573
      points for them before: 54.876
      points for them now: 14868
      diffrence: +40.008!

Pls correct this mistake, because it's cannot be that one one player have almost double more points as he should have and only because of this MISTAKE he is on Rank 1 ! Diffrence of 40k or even 76k points make this ranking to farce and is very frustating for other players.

The post was edited 9 times, last by illum1nati ().

• Hi illum1nati, thank you for the detailed description. The ranking points for killing admins have actually been changed a while ago (due to a bug) not on all beta levels. That has only been realized after Robert Parris' post. However, now that the ranking points are fixed, the summary on your profile's statistics page is actually misleading: The detailed view calculates the points on the basis of the current ranking points awarded per unit kill, the summary (which is relevant for the ranking) calculates it on the basis of both the old and the current ranking points (depending on when the unit kills occured: before or after the fix). This might strike you as unfair, but on the other hand, recalculating all players' ranking points due to a bug we are ourselves responsible for seems likewise unfair. If you are interested in the "real" (but not actual) ranking points of a player you can always consult the detailed statistics view (just as you did).
      Felix / Alkyonor
      Community Manager
      Bytro Labs GmbH