Why are transportships the fastest naval units in the game?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Why are transportships the fastest naval units in the game?

Even the fastest military ships, the light ships, are slower than transportships(units on a ship). Its impoosible to catch a transportship with heavy ships or galleys, but even light ships can just sail as fast as transportships in coast near oceans. On deep water oceans they lose them cuz light ships slow down and transportships speed on like crazy.

Escpecially in combo with the naval combatbug(transported units just sail through military ships) its a real pain. Transportships should be much slower than light ships, seriously.

In all other Bytrogames transported units are on sea much slower than naval units, why not here?
      Auch früher bekannt als "Der Grosse Diktator"

oder als

Ritter Sport - quadratisch, praktisch rund
    • because this is the Medieval period and in all honesty, you are less likely to catch a ship in this time period or catch it. Merchant ships were designed to be fast and since they dident have 50 tons of cannons they could go much faster then a Light ship.

in CON this is different as a Destroyer can catch up with a Troop transport and the same goes for the Others. in history the Transports are faster due to the weight not being as much as the militaries ships, this is why a Blockade is the best method of stopping an enemy invasion or catching a enemy transport fleet (but also if they had the same range system as in the other games, the transports would have no mercy)
      HMS Ark Royal
      EN Community Support
      Bytro Labs | New World Empires
    • Dude, light ships were ALWAYS faster than heavy loaded cargoships. And the Spanish treasurefleet for example wasnt well know for its high speed galleons...

And its not the medieval period-its the period of Exploration and colonization, the renaissance and the revolutions.

It doesnt make sense in historical and in gamers view

And btw: In Supremacy and COW it isnt realistic either, cuz the speed of the ships based on their engines and there were real big differences between the nations and their shiptypes.

In WW1 for example the german cruisers were faster than the british cruisers, but slower than the british battleships.

oder als

The post was edited 2 times, last by The Great Dictator ().

• But an exploration vessel isnt carrying Thousands of Soldiers for landing operations. It seems as u dont want to understand my problem, equal what it costs.

We have allready a bug, that enshiped landunits sail through military ships without getting caught in combat. This happens in my games in over 90% of the meetings on the sea between military naval units and transportships. This Bug is unique for all Bytrogrames btw.

We have no more Bugfixing since 2 years. So i doubt, that it will ever be fixed.

After they sailed through ur guarding light ships u have no chance any more to catch them. Sure u can use violent march, but when the transportships use it too u lost again.

This is an big issue in the gaming ballance, ruining the gaming experience. As far as we get no bugfixing we could get at least a slower movement speed for transportships. And only cuz its just me, who is talking about it, doesnt mean that everyone else is happy with this situation.

oder als

The post was edited 1 time, last by Mr.Dutch ().

• Sorry you had to wait such a long time for a clear answer.

I dropped the question on our CM's desk, and then I forgot that I was waiting for a answer (The shame is all mine here)

When the planning for the game started at the time, this was how it was designed. Land units would travel faster on the seas then ships. As you have to start somewhere and never know for sure how some balancing turns out in the end, this is how it first was created.

Now roughly 2 years further, it's indeed still the same. And a real satisfying answer I don't have for you. As we all know by now the focus of the ''Development'' of New World Empires is on hosting regular community events, and not in balancing or anyting else in line with that.

We are really sorry we can't provide you with a better answer on your question.
      Community Support