From the Santa Maria to the HMS Victory

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• From the Santa Maria to the HMS Victory

Greetings Kings & Queens,
      today’s update once again improves a lot of details in the game from better usability over balancing to bugfixing.
      Especially our naval architects and shipbuilders worked long hours to present to you not just one but two new graphics for the heavy ships level 3 and 4. Which is just the first step of showing in an even more visual way that the game spans from Columbus to Napoleon. In this case from Columbus’s 1480 carrack Santa Maria (Heavy Ship Lvl 1) to the 1765 104-gun first-rate ship of the line HMS Victory most famous for being Lord Nelson’s flagship in the Battle of Trafalgar in 1805 (Heavy Ship Level 4).
      We also received a delivery of more modern weaponry and uniforms and provided the Light Regular Infantry above level 4 with the new equipment of the British Redcoat Infantry.
      The detailed list of all changes is:
      Balancing Changes
      • Increased the view range of all units from 75 to 200
      • Reduced uprising chance per aggression level from 10% to 5%
      • Doubled the effect of army strength on uprising suppression
      • Changed the start units in scenario to 8 infantry and 2 cavalry
      Features
      • New graphics for heavy ship lvl 3 and 4
      • New graphics for light regular infantry >= lvl 5 (English red coats)
      • Added idle markers to civilian unit caps in resource bar
      • Units in army bar now have a tooltip telling what class and level they are
      • Cycling through civilian units (by clicking their icon in the resource bar) will now jump through the possible production provinces, once cycled through all of them
      Fixes
      • Changed the style of idle/unread markers
      • Unified where unit's show the class or their specific type name (e.g. Light Regular Inf. vs. Skirmish Inf)
      • Improved dragging of map which is now working even when dragging above UI or leaving the browser window
      • When someone else is colonizing, province bar shows who and colonists do not show the colonize action anymore
      • Fixed CSS problems in IE11
      • Adjustments to map rendering
      • Exploration advice for idle explorer had problems with idle explorers being at sea
      • Province list uses screen height better on smaller screens
      • Dragging a previously unselected army now opens the army bar on release of the mouse button, not when starting dragging (good for small screens)
      • Fixed problem with visual feedback of premium actions
      • Province levels & state upgrades do not produce newspaper entries anymore
      • Only base levels of upgrades produce newspaper entries when built (higher levels still cause "damaged" articles)
      • Capital had wrong description
      • Fixed typos
      • Colonization could consume colonist of different nation if it was in same province

We hope you like the changes.
      Your New World Empires Team
    • This has been a great upgrade.

"I came, I saw, I conquered" Written in a report to Rome 47 B.C.,after conquering Pharnaces at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days; as quoted in Life of Caesar by Plutarch; reported to have been inscribed on one of the decorated wagons in the Pontic triumph, in Lives of the Twelve Caesars, Julius, by Suetonius.

"Alea iacta est" Gaius Julius Caesar.
    • I hoped by the next design updates for the later game there are french and prussian units.
      This were the famous land units in the late game of NWE.

Suggestion: heavy infantry level 5 a prussian grenadier and level 7 a napoleonic grenadier.
      „Berûche mich, getrûwir got:
      Der vatir sende mir dî macht,
      daz iz werde vollinbrâcht,
      des ich hî gedenke ;
      des sunis wîsheit lenke
      mîne cranken sinne,

Nikolaus von Jeroschin (1290-1341) Kaplan d. Hochmeisters d. Dt. Ordens
    • The main difference between the prussian and french to the british uniforms was the colour. The british uniforms were red. And the french and the prussian uniforms were blue. If I play with red designd units I have a british feeling. But in this time I also would have a french or a pussian feeling.
      „Berûche mich, getrûwir got:
      Der vatir sende mir dî macht,
      daz iz werde vollinbrâcht,
      des ich hî gedenke ;
      des sunis wîsheit lenke
      mîne cranken sinne,

Nikolaus von Jeroschin (1290-1341) Kaplan d. Hochmeisters d. Dt. Ordens