Roleplaying-The Guide.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Roleplaying-The Guide.

What is the roleplay?

This question alone is a rather difficult question, and the answer can be amply discussed. Yet role-playing can - be defined after numerous
    discussions and with the involvement of different opinions as follows: the fine art of playing a real or fictional character together with other functions and activities of a State in a combination of real, historical and fictional events and scenarios, with the aim to promote a game in such a way and to expand, in the all events in a natural course of a normal game according to realistic - through the use of communication features , are represented as letters, dispatches, covenants, agreements or newspaper reports.

This definition raises other questions:

-What is the character?
    -What are the functions of a State?
    -What are events and scenarios?
    -What is the natural course of the game?
    -What is the balance of power?
    -What is the promotion of the game?

Original Version found in Supremacy 1914 Roleplay Forum by Viswanath and Edge

"I came, I saw, I conquered" Written in a report to Rome 47 B.C.,after conquering Pharnaces at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days; as quoted in Life of Caesar by Plutarch; reported to have been inscribed on one of the decorated wagons in the Pontic triumph, in Lives of the Twelve Caesars, Julius, by Suetonius.

"Alea iacta est" Gaius Julius Caesar.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Dr. Leipreachán ().

• What is the character?

A character may be a Government or head of State, a Minister, a general or any other person with who you want to represent your country on the
    international stage. This can be a single character, it can be but also several characters who work in a meaningful combination together and have their own stories and experiences. Your character represents you in all matters of State, no matter whether it is sending a diplomatic message or to the publication of news in the newspaper. Also in negotiations of pacts and agreements, your character is your face and must be played with a sufficient degree of realism.

Example: Czar of Russia Aleksey Mikhailovich I (head of State), General Alex Summers (Supreme Commander of the armed forces)

"I came, I saw, I conquered" Written in a report to Rome 47 B.C.,after conquering Pharnaces at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days; as quoted in Life of Caesar by Plutarch; reported to have been inscribed on one of the decorated wagons in the Pontic triumph, in Lives of the Twelve Caesars, Julius, by Suetonius.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Caesar ().

• What are the functions of a State?

Functions of the State include every single feature of a nation, such as declarations of war, peace, trade agreements, military alliances, memoranda of understanding, emergencies, military exercises, etc. These events must be used realistically and in a context, as it is in real life. Such events with the game system must also be compliant, because no matter how realistic you play, does the success or very low, if not supported by the game itself.
    For example, India and Russia carry out a joint military exercise. For this exercise to be realistic, both Nations will send troops into the corresponding territory. Because these troops however are available for other actions not available and taking into account the restrictions, which brings the game to such an exercise is usually but relatively soon ended. The withdrawal of all troops to their original position is therefore mostly for this reason, to make the troops back as soon as possible, where they are needed. Nevertheless you can of course also longer exercises with appropriate background, newspaper articles, etc. work out or to hold a place already poses a risk or a threat or that is generally interesting and cover up to his true intentions.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Caesar ().

• What are events and scenarios?

Events are occurrences that are triggered and controlled by a single nation. The appointment of a new Commander of the air force in Italy is an event that triggers the corresponding player, in which he uses the various features of his character. These events can be influenced from the outside, not or not directly, but one can trigger events in turn events and diplomatic pressure, which cause a player to revokes its decision or in future decision as positive, which are in the interest of another player.

All events can have nothing more despite influence on the decisions of one or more other players by moving the balance of power in a region, in their own country, or even to the whole world (or map).

For example, Italy declared the dissolution of the Parlament and thus raises an event. This event can be triggered but by another country, that works in the background. For example by threats, dismissals of Alliance, or due to other events that would bring Italy into a worse situation than to agree to such as the dissolution of the Parliament. However, this event can lead to other events and new pressure, when the world responds to this. The important thing here is that it is event this event an in action, so an event that has been triggered by another event and that probably had not occurred, if another event had not occurred. In this example, it is to accept, for example, that Italy would have resolved not be Parliament, when it could have gotten any pressure from the outside.

While an event is from a single event, it is scenarios a group events and events that were triggered by several countries or groups or can be. Such events have therefore usually always a greater influence on the other players than how a single event, since a scenario usually always with one is accompanied by a change or a change in the balance of forces or a situation is there, which is so important, that she will be taken up by several players and therefore not so easily can be ignored.

For example, The establishment of an alliance between the two Nations. This action has an immense impact on the course of the game, if it is known, because other players will inevitably try to also to close, or to sabotage the existing Alliance of two Nations, the relationship of power to compensate for and from the disadvantaged role at least again but a alliances compensation if not even an advantage to get. For this reason will take several actions of other players in that Alliance, which makes a real scenario.

Events and scenarios are the basis of the game. They produce stress and nourish new events and scenarios that can drive the game forward--and realistically implemented - for fun and excitement. It is important such events with appropriate realism and applied wisely, because they otherwise quickly can destroy a game can cause, you defeated yourself, as not to allow the game options to play, how one might want to.

Another example: an event where a player gives all his resources to another player, is indeed possible but certainly not realistic and will lead to a harsh punishment, the game mechanics on the players that hail can be. On the other hand trade resources with a player in distress or an allies or even the departure of part of the raw materials in the framework of a Kapitualtion is a realistic event, etc. quite. The prevention or termination of war in this way, is both technically possible, as also for the player or his country may be beneficial. What is under the sponsorship of the game?

The aim of the game is to reach a nation dominated most of the map, and so dominated. We play a game, so on this page then we must take this factor into account and incorporate appropriately in our RPG. Every action that is taken in the game, must serve a moving closer to the own goal, both the short-term and long-term the or the. To be realistic is in this game extremely important and of great importance.

However, it is also important to implement any action that you take with your nation.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Caesar ().

• What is the natural course of the game?

The right degree of realism that both satisfies the requirements of a role-playing game and the game itself, is a balancing act. It requires practice and patience. The important thing is that you understand and realize that things can go wrong and that you must be willing to take changes to meet the demands of others. At the same time you should not allow, that the others change the style. Your choices should be your own.

Reasonable realism also means that all events, events and scenarios playful roles must be played correctly by. By all players! So wake up the world to life and offers numerous possibilities of interaction. Applies also here: practice makes perfect. Errors are possible and quite normal.

Example: While there is a lot of bureaucracy in the way of contact between the two leaders in real life, you can play it quite so that two characters in direct contact with each other. However, should there be realistic title and a realistic correspondence.

Another example: most of the games use a time scale. For instance, a month is a game day. This method is not necessary for the game, because you already play in real time. If however this variant to be used then it is sure to date newspaper articles, for example an ultimatum according to and to be sure to avoid later confusion on the date.

• What is the balance of power?

Plays in this fact - strategic perspective - each country has an equal chance to win. The raw material extraction and distribution may be difficult, but each country can win due to the circumstances of the game. A slight, the other heavy.

It is important that you the initial balance of power as long as possible, or move to your advantage in the game. It's doesn't matter, whether it is a single game, a game of Alliance, an internal game, a role-playing game or any other game. It is in any case to prevent that shifts the relationship for the benefit of one or more players.

To give more power to the general idea to myself is the assurance of all necessary raw materials, to upgrade and move forward. This is all the more important in a role-playing game, where it is not allowed to conduct endless wars without reason, because it harms the General support and the prestige of one's own nation at the other games and leads to actions and hostilities, since other players right - feel threatened by the aggressive expansion and the shift of forces - related.

At the same time of course is that if another player achieved a success, be it a territory, economically, politically or diplomatically, so it goes well this success to counterbalance or neutralize, so no disadvantage for the own nation emerges. A country win such a war over another, then it is only due to the advantageous, to give the winner the whole territory. Here you have to try to keep as low as possible with the profit, where you supported a peaceful solution, which means only a small increase in land for the winner - but this maybe a regular payment to raw materials, etc. Both should be met through the creation of an own Alliance an Alliance, that is at least as strong or stronger.

In addition, it is definitely to prevent long wars and to hold other Nations, long to fight wars. This is possible through the diplomatic channel - or ultimately by its own military intervention. This is important, because a war leads to the destruction of a military power players who participate in World Affairs and tend to explain another player or another nation as dominant.

A game with the balance of power in the back of the head is extremely important because it combined leads with a good role playing to a game, that player always long, because superior and keep balance in mind when another player is attacked or attacking you. In addition, sufficient voltage and game content is generated to drive the game forward and interesting to keep. Also remember that the real balance of power in the game is not shown. Just follow this simple rules and rejoice on a player, that leads you through all crises and that is exciting even without artificial events. This is interesting and do a good role playing game out.

• What is the promotion of the game?

The aim of the game is to reach a nation dominated most of the map, and so dominated. We play a game, so on this page then we must take this factor into account and incorporate appropriately in our RPG. Every action that is taken in the game, must serve a moving closer to the own goal, both the short-term and long-term the or the. To be realistic is in this game extremely important and of great importance.

However, it is also important to implement any action that you take with your nation, playful rolls, to establish and to explain and not just to attack, because you have to win 75 of the world. Just so, the game retains the realism of a real, living world. Each individual action - she is still so small – must be renewed and communicates, as you would manage a real state or a real group. Here, it can help to put yourself in the role of a genuine heads of State or to keep in mind what all shares with the Government by friends in real life and then to proceed.

Example: In the face of a disaster it may be role-playing game technically correct for Germany not to give up and continue to fight. However, this behavior is usually not realistic or in accordance with the technical possibilities of the game, because the fight is no longer aimed to strengthen his own position. However, there can be situations, where that makes sense. A dictator who fanatically fighting to the last man, will hardly give up. Yet this does not mean that we should forget all attempts of RP and all possible countries as you like attack can, simply because it makes strategic sense, and without that, there is a casus belli, i.e. a reason for war.

A nation to attack, just because you can do it, is just only once in a role-playing game not unrealistic. But, it is such an attack without a reason for war. This means that even if we try to improve our own position and to give us an advantage over a weaker State, we need to take the time, to find a reason for war - or (game-technical and realistic) to create. We attack without reason, this will anger other Nations, get and damage our reputation. In the worst case, threatened Nations unite and then attacking us to grant our expansion to stop. In contrast, an attack or even an annexation with an appropriate casus belli and realistic justification can be considered neutral or even support.

The reason why the role-playing game is also known as a fine art, which is not easy and requires a lot of practice and patience is the difficulty of the balance between the above mentioned elements. Once mastered she can make each game a real experience.

• Dr. Leprechan wrote:

Interesting thread
    Thanks for the comment.

• Umer wrote:

Hello nice to meet you Caesar. So I take you are a dev and rper too?
    Of course.

• Umer wrote:

Well I'm representing my Rp community here, you interested in joining our community. I assure it is 50+ and if you interested this could attract lot of players. Good for game as well for community. If you interested we have our wide network on Skype. Add me if you desire (umera1999)
    No, thanks. I have my own community.

• Umer wrote:

Oh where it is ?
    The Caesar's Legion.

• Umer wrote:

lolwhat?!
    What do you mean?