Colonization-Victory Game Players

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Colonization-Victory Game Players

I'm looking for a few players interested in a "peaceful" game, in which building Colonial Empires is the main emphasis, to consider the mechanics and impact of colonial empires absent any widespread conquest in the Old World.

I'm envisioning a game in which military conflict occurs but is relatively benign and with certain rules of engagement that would prevent the game from degenerating into one of "conquest".

Interested potential participants can negotiate acceptable limits on warfare but I have the following in mind:

1) Starting Core Capital - cannot be attacked but must be garrisoned by a certain % of that country's total military or a certain # of military units.

2) Starting Core Provinces (not incl. #1 above) - can be attacked and captured but attacker must allow the original owner to receive the province back upon his concession of Colony ownership equal to or greater than the VP value of the captured Starting Core Province(s) in question.

- If the total VPs of all Colonies is insufficient, relinquishing all Colonies will suffice for the return of the Starting Core Province but the balance will be due and paid from future colonies. The payer could settle and increase the colony level to satisfy the debt but this process would have to be constant and without any delay.

3) Neighbouring AI Countries - can be attacked if said country is adjacent to any Core Province of the attacker.

4) Adjacency to Core Provinces - a shared border or 1-3 (inclusive) sea way points between respective borders.

5) Core Provinces - All Starting Core Provinces plus those provinces upgraded to become Core Provinces

6) Upgrading Provinces To Become Core Provinces - Provinces adjacent to existing Core Provinces can be upgraded to become Core Provinces (this ensures one can expand their Core but in a contiguous configuration).

7) Attacking Colonies - no restrictions
    • I'm in a game right now - that is RANKED - but 90% of the players have dropped out...

Only have like 4 active players that are all far from each other - so it is all most as if we are just exploring and expanding on our own with out major conflicts...

If interested; would love more players to join this game - 1513234

It might not be 100% of what your looking for - but at the moment it seems close

It is on day 24 - but since expansion and exploration is so much slower in this game then in the other Bytro lab games - the map has not changed much...
    • Aleena wrote:

I'm in a game right now - that is RANKED - but 90% of the players have dropped out...

Only have like 4 active players that are all far from each other - so it is all most as if we are just exploring and expanding on our own with out major conflicts...

If interested; would love more players to join this game - 1513234

It might not be 100% of what your looking for - but at the moment it seems close

It is on day 24 - but since expansion and exploration is so much slower in this game then in the other Bytro lab games - the map has not changed much...
      I might do that (join). My above proposed objective wouldn't be satisfied with a Day 24 start but I could use if for other types of experimenting.

The above proposal was to see if similar combat/warring restrictions would work well for a Role Play (RP), as well as, to see what "pace" such a game would have. The combat restrictions were intended to see if they worked to give a "more realistic" (hate using that word) scenario reflecting what I know about the geo-political economics of this time period (which isn't much).