1500 LandShuffle Maps, 'Long Haul' Edition

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • 1500 LandShuffle Maps, 'Long Haul' Edition

      Hello Folks, I have just created a land swap map for a starting period of about 1500AD. This was created from a composite of many maps found online. Historical accuracy was very important in the making of this, however making sure this was playable and balanced was more important. In other words I threw exact borders away(I did try) for the purpose of making sure the interactions between countries were accurate.
      Please offer your criticisms and what not, and I am also looking for mates to make a tech tree based for the nations based off this map.
      I also threw away the majority of AI nations to avoid boring and sometimes illegal land-grabing.



      Information:
      Starting Date; 1500
      Amount of playable nations; 22
      The Nations Are;
      1.Scotland & Ireland(together for balance and to remove AI)
      2.England
      3.France
      4.Netherlands(Holy Roman Empire(HRE) Vassal)
      5.Portugal(might combine with Spain to get rid of boring nations)
      6.Spain(might combine with Portugal for simplicity)
      7.North African Tribes and Kingdoms(combined to remove AI, balance Spain, pretty much Barbary States for Empire:Total War)
      8.Genoa/Savoy(HRE Vassal/Minor)
      9.HRE player 1/2(Austria)(Split the HRE into 2 major players and a number of smaller states to maintain the split nature of the HRE)
      10.HRE player 2/2 (Brandenburg)
      11.Bohemia(HRE Vassal/minor)
      12.Venice(gave it a bit more of Europe for balance)
      13.Naples/Spanish Vassal(Balance and to prevent Italy from Confederating)
      14.Hungary
      15.Poland/Lithuania
      16. Teutonic Order
      17. Denmark(owns Norway as it did in history)
      18. Sweden(owns st peters burg, can't tell if it did at the start of 1500, but important never-the-less )
      19.Muscovy
      20.Golden Hoard(Mongol Khanate)
      21.Ottoman Empire
      22.Egypt

      I stole the base for these maps(Countries.png, resources.png and Territories.png),
      General Socks. I take 0 credit for the BASE maps, however I did make LandSwapA-D.png based off them with my own research.

      Please Comment me and such, I want input.
      Countries.png-General Socks

      LandSwapD.png-Chickenus, Red Line is the HRE, this is the latest version.

      resources.png-Generalsocks

      territories.png-GeneralSocks


      Note:I was forced to change the colours of some nations for them to be easily told apart, and It should be easy to spot which is which in game.

      The post was edited 4 times, last by Chickenus ().

    • The Swedes owned Viborg Castle (in the general area but north of St. Petersburg) until 1710. The town of St. Petersburg wasn't founded until 1703. They also built a small fort at Krepost Nyenshantz in 1611; in what is now the east side of the city.
      It's got my troops all over it. That makes it mine. - Henry II, The Lion in Winter

      Half these quotes aren't even Machiavelli, . . . doesn't anybody check these? - Machiavelli

      The post was edited 2 times, last by TarquinTheDark ().

    • Have a new pope every day on a three day cycle, cycling between Naples, Genoa, and Venice. If Spain, France, or Austria conquers one of them, then they take it's place in the rotation. Pope can declare interdict on one (Christian) country or crusade on one (Muslim) country. All Christian states must embargo (interdict) or declare war on (crusade) that country, until a new pope rescinds the order; or automatically get the interdict themselves.

      Of course if these powers get abused too much, everyone will ignore them . . . if they are all interdicted, it has no effect . . . and only the interdicted country knows if people are cheating on the embargo . . .
      It's got my troops all over it. That makes it mine. - Henry II, The Lion in Winter

      Half these quotes aren't even Machiavelli, . . . doesn't anybody check these? - Machiavelli
    • TarquinTheDark wrote:

      new pope every day on a three day cycle, cycling between Naples, Genoa, and Venice. If Spain, France, or Austria conquers one of them, then they take it
      Yah, that might work, but it sounds more like something for a competitive game over a Role playing game. What is unique to the Pope is the fact he owes no alliances, Even a great RP'er would abuse that power for his own good. I think by making an Anti-Pope of a rival nation could make that work, but even so.

      I have tried to cut down the amount of players in this map to rid any boring nations(still on the fence about the Teutonic Order), so for example one player rules over more than one nation. I am not sure about how this will go down, Since conventional RPs have the goal to advance you nations influence, I wonder how controlling two nations, as in the case of Savoy/Genoa and Scotland/Ireland. Will the player work with the dealing of the two nations, or just act as a super nation?

      Anyway, here is the most up-to-date map, I have several copies I endlessly edit, there is so much information online. drive.google.com/open?id=1BKa6qlCQggh1SNHuooCdXdTyISm5qJWf

      I have been working on the Tech-Tree and Lore for this map, both of which are going well, but I will need a peer-review soon. I have indexed most of the Units stats in a google spreadsheet too. I was planning to make graphs and whatnot to compare units, but got bored.

      I think I will just give you all access to the folder, see for yourself s what has been going on. drive.google.com/open?id=1TxF_2cZa9jvQ7vMa3WnrFhGQgRooJ3Sy

      @Dr. Leipreachán have you got a complete index of the unit stats? I figured someone up there must, can I have a look at it, if you do? My index took me a long time, and I am not great with google sheets.
    • That's why I didn't base the idea on who owns Rome.

      Also, because the power is unenforceable except by consensus, it winds up just being an irritating way to create RP situations. You could also derive the power to declare Treuga Dei, when any christian state that wars on another gets the interdict.

      The pope should be beholden to an alliance, most of them were. With a new pope every day, let the fun and confusion commence.
      It's got my troops all over it. That makes it mine. - Henry II, The Lion in Winter

      Half these quotes aren't even Machiavelli, . . . doesn't anybody check these? - Machiavelli

      The post was edited 3 times, last by TarquinTheDark ().

    • TarquinTheDark wrote:

      because the power is unenforceable except by consensus, it winds up just being an irritating way to create RP situations
      Yeah, that's a problem. I guess there could just be no pope, but that would miss an important part of the 16 century.

      I guess also each country could 'back' a pope. This also reminds me of the Vassal states, like the Netherlands and Naples.
    • Chickenus wrote:

      Hello Folks, I have just created a land swap map for a starting period of about 1500AD. This was created from a composite of many maps found online. Historical accuracy was very important in the making of this, however making sure this was playable and balanced was more important. In other words I threw exact borders away(I did try) for the purpose of making sure the interactions between countries were accurate.
      Please offer your criticisms and what not, and I am also looking for mates to make a tech tree based for the nations based off this map.
      I also threw away the majority of AI nations to avoid boring and sometimes illegal land-grabing.



      Information:
      Starting Date; 1500
      Amount of playable nations; 22
      The Nations Are;
      1.Scotland & Ireland(together for balance and to remove AI)
      2.England
      3.France
      4.Netherlands(Holy Roman Empire(HRE) Vassal)
      5.Portugal(might combine with Spain to get rid of boring nations)
      6.Spain(might combine with Portugal for simplicity)
      7.North African Tribes and Kingdoms(combined to remove AI, balance Spain, pretty much Barbary States for Empire:Total War)
      8.Genoa/Savoy(HRE Vassal/Minor)
      9.HRE player 1/2(Austria)(Split the HRE into 2 major players and a number of smaller states to maintain the split nature of the HRE)
      10.HRE player 2/2 (Brandenburg)
      11.Bohemia(HRE Vassal/minor)
      12.Venice(gave it a bit more of Europe for balance)
      13.Naples/Spanish Vassal(Balance and to prevent Italy from Confederating)
      14.Hungary
      15.Poland/Lithuania
      16. Teutonic Order
      17. Denmark(owns Norway as it did in history)
      18. Sweden(owns st peters burg, can't tell if it did at the start of 1500, but important never-the-less )
      19.Muscovy
      20.Golden Hoard(Mongol Khanate)
      21.Ottoman Empire
      22.Egypt

      I stole the base for these maps(Countries.png, resources.png and Territories.png),
      General Socks. I take 0 credit for the BASE maps, however I did make LandSwapA-D.png based off them with my own research.

      Please Comment me and such, I want input.
      Countries.png-General Socks

      LandSwapD.png-Chickenus, Red Line is the HRE, this is the latest version.

      resources.png-Generalsocks

      territories.png-GeneralSocks


      Note:I was forced to change the colours of some nations for them to be easily told apart, and It should be easy to spot which is which in game.
      May I ask, how did you make those maps?