[RPU] Europa Universalis II RP

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [RPU] Europa Universalis II RP

[RPU] Europa Universalis II Roleplay

Base Rules:
      • No Ducat Usage allowed.
      • No Landgrabbing and random invasions. We are here to roleplay, not kill each other off.
      • Please Be Respectful and follow All the game rules. those who refuse will be removed from the round.
      • Post articles on the newspaper as often as possible, However let me know if you might not be able to post or if you miss a day.
      • The game will not officially begin until Day 1 of the round, so you are not required to post until then, however i would like people to get to know each other, so post on the newspaper stating who you are.

• You are Not Required to have a discord for this Roleplay game. but it is there for those who are interested: discord.gg/7k227QA
      • 1 Day is 6 months of RP, so therefore, 2 in game Days is equal to 1 year.
      • It is good to have general knowledge of the 1400s and of anything that occurs between nations.
      • If a nation becomes 3 provinces, other nations planning on taking over it have the ability to vassalize that nation.
      • Vassalization: Economic and military control over that nation. Vassals may not declare independence. you are allowed to gift it provinces if you would like, however you are responsible for the wellbeing of that minor vassal state.
      • Be Mindful of Relationship statuses with other nations. If the nation is known to be your historical rival and there is no precedent of diplomatic friendship, military alliances are not allowed with that nation.
      • you are allowed to build any buildings you want.
      • you are allowed to build as many units of whatever type as you want.
      Aggressive Expansion Rules:
      The AE system is designed to maintain diplomatic order and control the rate of expansionist players.

• AE COOLDOWN: infamy drops by 5 for all nations, every 5 days, and stops at 0 AE.
      • If you are at war for more than 3 years (6 days), the AE cooldown is negated for you until peace.
      • +50 Aggressive Expansion IS THE LIMIT: anything above triggers a coalition war.
      • Coalition War: Nations Around you will forcibly cut you down to size, and must take an amount of provinces equal to zero your AE amounts.
      • +40 AE gained for revolting or declaring independence from your overlord.
      • +20 AE gained for joining someone's offensive war. Defensive wars do not have an AE penalty.
      • +20 AE gained for breaking peace period. Peace Periods must last at least 5 years.
      • +10 AE gained for declaring war on a country.
      • +5 AE gained for taking a province, for both sides of the war. (if you take someone's province, and he takes it back, you both gain 5 AE)
      • +5 AE gained for starting a colonial war.
      • A Colonial War is conducted in colonies and at sea only - if war is to occur in Europe then a separate post must be made declaring as such and taking the infamy hit for it.
      • -20 Infamy lost for granting independence to a vassal state.
      • Anything under 3 provinces is vassalized if it loses a war and is an active player.
      • If a nation is inactive, it loses its provinces normally as per the AE rules.
      Colonial Rules:
      • +1 AE gained for the establishment of a colonial province.
      • Only countries with a coastline may colonize provinces.
      • Coastal colonial provinces must be directly connected to your inland colonial provinces if you intend to expand inland.
      • Colonial provinces can only be created once every 6 months, so 1 province per day.
      Religious Rules:
      • The Papal Vote will be a majority vote by all catholic countries on the map every 10 years. [79 in total, 23 player votes]
      • You can Vote for yourself.
      • AI states will always vote for Status Quo (The Papal States for the first election)
      • Inactive players, or players that miss the voting deadline will always vote for status quo.
      • One Cardinal Votes per Nation.
      Papal Powers:

Excommunicate
      • Remove a Nation's ability to Vote in the next election and from the Church until your Pope dies, also an instantly valid casus belli for other Catholic nations.
      Call a Crusade
      • Call a crusade against a single target until your pope dies.
      • Catholic nations that border the crusade target directly receive a reason for war against it.
      Papal influence
      • Ability to reconcile two warring nations. When Pope asks, you deliver. This also increases favor with the Pope.
      • Ability to give missions to certain nations, Ex: ordering Spain to take Granada which is Muslim.
      Cardinal selection
      • Gain RoW with all Catholic nations until your pope dies.
      • Gain the ability to add 10 Cardinals (votes) to a specific nation, increasing that nation’s prestige and power within the Papacy.

At this point, if you have read the rules, please do reply to this thread with your choice of nation and sample article. Thank you, and you will be informed individually once we can begin.

Current Available Nations: (Taken in Bold)

British Isles

Kingdom of Scotland:
      Kingdom of England:

Western Europe

Kingdom of France:
      Kingdom of Burgundy:
      County of Toulouse:
      Kingdom of Netherlands: Golden_Armada

Holy Roman Empire

Margraviate of Brandenburg: lolcheese23 (Bubayayga)
      Kingdom of Bavaria:
      Kingdom of Bohemia:
      Kingdom of Austria:
      County Palatine of the Rhine:

Iberian Peninsula

Kingdom of Portugal: SD Warrior
      Kingdom of Castile: Patton789
      Kingdom of Aragon: Elfen Kin

Italian Peninsula

Kingdom of Savoy:
      Kingdom of Naples:

North Africa

Sultanate of Morocco:
      Sultanate of Ifriqiya:
      Mameluk Sultanate of Egypt:

Scandinavia

Kingdom of Denmark: Scottern
      Kingdom of Norway:
      Kingdom of Sweden:

Middle East

Ottoman Empire: Gunslinger210
      Sultanate of Hejaz: Byzantium: King Vacco

Eastern Europe

Teutonic Order:
      Kingdom of Poland:
      Kingdom of Hungary:
      Kingdom of Serbia: [i]Glory To Moskava
      Kingdom of Bulgaria: ZewsBG

Far Eastern Europe

Novogrod Republic: [/u][/s] Kingdom of Munster: Presidentben
      Principality of Muscovy: LightningTurk
      Kingdom of Lithuania:
      Crimean Khanate: Reehaw
      My Youtube Channel Link In Picture
      [Blocked Image: http://imgur.com/sTnoUfV.png]
      RPU Forums & RPU Website In Pictures
      [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/YjeMFXnt.png][Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/ByMY8z4t.jpg]

Join The Roleplayers Union!

The post was edited 11 times, last by LightningTurk ().

• The Ottoman Invasion
      This morning at 6:00am the Ottoman Empire has invaded Venice. The nations of the Papal States has stated they’ve will declare war on the nation of Ottomans if they don’t back down. The king of the Ottoman Empire has stated “Allah will fight for the right side!”

On other news the Ottoman Empire has spread its religion! The pope has called a crusade on the Ottoman land of Jerusalem. “The holy land must be taken by the Christians at all costs.” Thousands of men have been spotted marching east and even some British boats have been spotted at the cost of Rome. Some have speculated the Ottomans will not be able to protect there borders but a small skirmish in Bohemia has proven invasion to the east border is impossible.

The Ottomans are massacring the Christian world and are sacking the churches built for there god. Islam has spread to the Cristian world. The spread of Islam will end the Cristian world if nothing is done. This has made invasion to the south a bigger goal for the popular states. Some enemy’s have even called truces to invade the eastern world. May god choose the winner!

The post was edited 2 times, last by Gunslinger210 ().

• A Bulgaria United once more

"For many years the Bulgarian Tsardom has been divided betwen the Duchies of Vidin, Tarnovo and Karvuna.The states were fragile and could have been easily coqnuered.However Constantine of Vidin now Constantine II saw through this.All were weak and it was time for Bulgaria to be united once more.

An army of several thousand foot soldiers and horsemen marched onto Tarnovo and in a decisive battle the city was captured.Many were killed but the result was worth it.With this act he summoned the people of Tarnovo along with the clergy and officially declared himself Tsar of Bulgaria becoming Constantine II.And so the people rejoiced and he carefully rlied them to support him and with all preparations done he and thousands of loyal soldiers marched and conquered the Duchy of Karvuna ending the divide in the Bulgarian realm.

But now it is the time for him to focus on reconstructing the nation.Time to prepare Bulgaria for glorious days where it will march on through the Balkans and hopefully create an Empire bigger than that of Simeon's and driving out the heathens from once good and honest Christian lands and with the power of God succeed and make the Shishman Dynasty one of the greatest houses to ever rule over the Bulgarian people.With God's blessings and careful management and planning it will only be a matter of time before greatness starts."
    • Gazeta Wyborcza
      The fight against the Daesh
      Poland has requested from Turkey permission to base 3 F-16 Fighting Falcons in their airbases to perform air superiority and bombing missions against the Daesh. This comes after a recent statement by the German government which said they had sent planes there also. The Polish government hopes that the two nations missions can collaborate, as well as collaborate at home. Security measures against terrorists have also been heightened. It is hoped that tragedies like the Berlin market attack can be avoided in the future. Immigrants coming in from the middle east are checked extensively for any evidence of radicalization. Special police units working with the military run training simulations constantly.

Cooperation with Germany
      The 1st Infantry Battalion has been sent to Berlin to train with German 3rd Infantry Division. It will remain there for about a month, then head home. Future training like this is being talked about. The ministry of defence hopes this can be an opportunity to show friendship with Germany in a time of rising tensions, as well as give the troops more experience working with troops from other nations.

Naval patrols in the Baltic sea
      In light of President Trump’s statements about NATO member commitments, the corvette ORP Kaszub has been sent to patrol the Baltic sea alongside the Baltic states navies. Poland will not be intimidated by Russia. She is ready to defend herself. In the air, on and under the sea, and on the ground she is ready to push back Russia. Hopefully though, it won't come to that.

Singapore under siege
      Through confidential sources the Polish government has learned about Indonesian plans to attack Singapore. The reason is madness, and completely unjustified. Such hostile acts will not be tolerated. Poland therefore stands by Germany in their request for Indonesia to stand down. It is hoped that the US will respond to this and be able to settle the situation peacefully through use of diplomacy and possibly a show of force.

Sample^
      App for Castile
      I'll go for Otto or Neth. if not Castile
    • I would like to apply for Brandenburg. My in game name is lolcheese23, but I'm known as Bubayayga on Discord

Declaration of war

On May 25th, at 8am; Emperor Karl Steif stepped out onto the balcony to make an announcement to the citizens of his empire. " I cannot ignore the threat of the ottomans any longer. They pillage our lands, rape our women, slaughter anyone who defends the faith of our lord. Well now it's time to pay them back, with equal savagery and brutality!! We will wipe out the last of these savages with our brutality as our fore fathers did before us. We must defend Europe and the whole world against the hordes of Islam, and finally WIPE THEM OUT ONCE AND FOR ALL!!!"

Assistance

On November 16th, The Brandenburg 312th fusilier regiment was sent to Vienna as a garrison so that the rest of the Austrian military could send troops to the front lines and defend the town of Karlsburg. They will not return until the next month to prepare for the Pomeranian campaign.

The post was edited 1 time, last by lolcheese23 ().

• lolcheese23 wrote:

I would like to apply for Brandenburg. My in game name is lolcheese23, but I'm known as Bubayayga on Discord

Declaration of war

On May 25th, at 8am; Emperor Karl Steif stepped out onto the balcony to make an announcement to the citizens of his empire. " I cannot ignore the threat of the ottomans any longer. They pillage our lands, rape our women, slaughter anyone who defends the faith of our lord. Well now it's time to pay them back, with equal savagery and brutality!! We will wipe out the last of these savages with our brutality as our fore fathers did before us. We must defend Europe and the whole world against the hordes of Islam, and finally WIPE THEM OUT ONCE AND FOR ALL!!!"

Assistance

On November 16th, The Brandenburg 312th fusilier regiment was sent to Vienna as a garrison so that the rest of the Austrian military could send troops to the front lines and defend the town of Karlsburg. They will not return until the next month to prepare for the Pomeranian campaign.
      accepted, welcome to the round :D
      [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/YjeMFXnt.png][Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/ByMY8z4t.jpg]

• Hello my Comrade, I just made a New World Empire Forum account because who uses this Shit, but I read the rules and all that shit while also Talking to you. And Well I wanna take the Kingdom of Hejaz and LS to Rome and Become the pope, but here is my Sample if needed.

Bells from the Vatican have rang out in code for the New pope as he walked towards Apostolic Palace where he would stay for the rest of his days.The Pope esteemed of the Greeters Entered through the Doors to claim his Palace for the New Papacy. May of the Catholic world were questioning the Pope's intentions as they always have done to new Pope's, but of course they respect his Views and his Ways.

Now the Fate of Catholicism Rests in the New Young Pope's hands...

GOD DAMMIT I RAN OUTTA IDEAS FUCKING BULLSHIT
    • Glory to Moskava wrote:

Hello my Comrade, I just made a New World Empire Forum account because who uses this Shit, but I read the rules and all that shit while also Talking to you. And Well I wanna take the Kingdom of Hejaz and LS to Rome and Become the pope, but here is my Sample if needed.

Bells from the Vatican have rang out in code for the New pope as he walked towards Apostolic Palace where he would stay for the rest of his days.The Pope esteemed of the Greeters Entered through the Doors to claim his Palace for the New Papacy. May of the Catholic world were questioning the Pope's intentions as they always have done to new Pope's, but of course they respect his Views and his Ways.

Now the Fate of Catholicism Rests in the New Young Pope's hands...

GOD DAMMIT I RAN OUTTA IDEAS FUCKING BULLSHIT
      lmao accepted, just dont curse on the forums lol

• Kingdom of Netherlands, alternate choice Kingdom of France

A Dutchman's pride should never be questioned, his miserly attitude should be always a point of caution, and above all else, to offend the gentleman would bring instant heated and direct retaliation. The Kings of Spain soon learned this the hard way as ruling miles away across Europe in a faraway land, they could not fathom the strange mannerisms of their subjects, who promptly acquitted themselves of their leigelords and made haste biting their thumbs at the fuming Spaniards. A wave swept across the continent as William the Silent became William of Orange almost instantaneously while the Spanish crown was replaced with a Dutch crown, ruling under the style Orange-Nassau unto posterity. However, Dutchmen also cherish continuity, and the multitude of changes merely facilitated the maintenance of ongoing traditions that had been brought about by a way of life, honed and accentuated through decades of attentive practice and distilled to a unique cultural taste deserving of its own niche in the complicated and messy landscape of Europe. The Dutch would continue to trade under Orange-Nassau, and continue to maintain cordial relations with their friends and bitter rivalries with their enemies. The world at large was thence notified of the intentions of the new King and Kingdom and simultaneously made wary of all benefits and consequences, in the efficiency that is paramount to the businesslike tradesmen that predominantly comprise the seafaring peoples of the Kingdom of Netherlands, who bring wealth from the oceans and not the ground to provide more than their tiny nation's means could ever possibly support. As the ever shifting winds of change blow forth, a good sailor knows that some things will always remain constant in strictly accountable patterns. As such, one could truly say that the actions make the man in discussing the diplomatic policy of the Kingdom as well as the daily dispositions of its inhabitants.
    • Golden_Armada wrote:

Kingdom of Netherlands, alternate choice Kingdom of France

A Dutchman's pride should never be questioned, his miserly attitude should be always a point of caution, and above all else, to offend the gentleman would bring instant heated and direct retaliation. The Kings of Spain soon learned this the hard way as ruling miles away across Europe in a faraway land, they could not fathom the strange mannerisms of their subjects, who promptly acquitted themselves of their leigelords and made haste biting their thumbs at the fuming Spaniards. A wave swept across the continent as William the Silent became William of Orange almost instantaneously while the Spanish crown was replaced with a Dutch crown, ruling under the style Orange-Nassau unto posterity. However, Dutchmen also cherish continuity, and the multitude of changes merely facilitated the maintenance of ongoing traditions that had been brought about by a way of life, honed and accentuated through decades of attentive practice and distilled to a unique cultural taste deserving of its own niche in the complicated and messy landscape of Europe. The Dutch would continue to trade under Orange-Nassau, and continue to maintain cordial relations with their friends and bitter rivalries with their enemies. The world at large was thence notified of the intentions of the new King and Kingdom and simultaneously made wary of all benefits and consequences, in the efficiency that is paramount to the businesslike tradesmen that predominantly comprise the seafaring peoples of the Kingdom of Netherlands, who bring wealth from the oceans and not the ground to provide more than their tiny nation's means could ever possibly support. As the ever shifting winds of change blow forth, a good sailor knows that some things will always remain constant in strictly accountable patterns. As such, one could truly say that the actions make the man in discussing the diplomatic policy of the Kingdom as well as the daily dispositions of its inhabitants.
      accepted.

• I am applying for the Kingdom of England. In-game name is "Presidentben" on the NWE site and "Henry IV Lancaster#5950" on Discord. My post is below:

Glyndŵr Rising: Part 1
      His Majesty, King Henry IV of England was informed of a revolt against his rule by a Welsh nobleman, Owain Glendower, lord of Glyndyfrdwy. Owain had declared his ancestral title of Prince of Powys at his ancestral estate in Glyndyfrdwy. With a small band of followers, including his eldest son, his brothers-in-law, and the Bishop of St Asaph in the town of Corwen he launched an attack on Reynold Grey, 3rd Baron Grey of Ruthin’s territory. Following several encounters between Owain’s separatist supporters and the supporters of the English crown, the revolt began to spread as more and more Welsh noblemen swore their allegiance to Prince Owain.

The King appointed Henry Percy, famously known as “Sir Harry Hotspur” or “Hotspur”, a veteran of the Anglo-Scottish war and hereditary heir of the Earl of Northumberland, to quell this Welsh uprising. Percy promised amnesty to all Welsh rebels should they surrender peacefully, with the exception of Owain Glendower and his cousins, Rhys ap Tudur and Gwilym ap Tudur, sons of Tudur ap Gronw.
    • As The Heir to the Empire, I will be taking Byzantium

A dark cloud descends on the Roman Empire, Anatolia is lost, Greece is under the traitorous Latins, Thrace has fallen to the Bulgarian bastards. The Empire is weak, the Empire is dying. It will take a strong arm, a strong will to bring the Empire back.

For the Empire for over a thousand years has been the shield of Christianity! The Empire must continue, The Empire must not let this falter further for the Empire can not bow! The Empire will now Kneel! The Empire must hold!!!! For the people of Rome can not let The Muslims of the east break into Europe! For the People of Rome can not and WILL not let the western TRAITORS gain the Queen of Cities herself! Constantinople will not FALL!

The post was edited 1 time, last by King Vacco ().

• Elfen Kin wrote:

I will take the Kingdom of Aragon turk
      Accepted

King Vacco wrote:

As The Heir to the Empire, I will be taking Byzantium

A dark cloud descends on the Roman Empire, Anatolia is lost, Greece is under the traitorous Latins, Thrace has fallen to the Bulgarian bastards. The Empire is weak, the Empire is dying. It will take a strong arm, a strong will to bring the Empire back.

For the Empire for over a thousand years has been the shield of Christianity! The Empire must continue, The Empire must not let this falter further for the Empire can not bow! The Empire will now Kneel! The Empire must hold!!!! For the people of Rome can not let The Muslims of the east break into Europe! For the People of Rome can not and WILL not let the western TRAITORS gain the Queen of Cities herself! Constantinople will not FALL!

• I am the one and only Lord Reehaw of Carolina, I humbly request the crimean Khanate big boi.

Sample article:

Czartoryski and the Asantehene walked through the battered and broke city of Kankan, Commonwealth soldiers fanning about behind them carrying crates of food. Heading for the ravaged town center, the two men tread carefully past the broken and collapsed buildings. Entering into a building that fortunately escaped the flames, they settled into an unoccupied room to discuss what happens next. A quaint room, embroidered with the bronze glow of flickering torches. A table was set in the center of the room, finalized with a candle set atop it. The Asantehene and Governor sat aside from each other in their respective chairs.

“You got my message, I assume?” Kwaka began.
      “Indeed, but with the other signs of the struggle shown from the fleeing populous, it was only a matter of time before I acted.”
      “I must thank you for this, for saving not only my life, but those of my people.”
      “If I were to watch your people die at the hands of marauding tribes, what sort of Christian would I be?”
      “I understand this European religion is meant to bring good grace, but our experience with the British have left a bad taste.”
      “The Commonwealth varies quite differently from the United Kingdom, for we have actually suffered as a people.” This got a reaction out of Kwaka, a dry chuckle.
      “If it was up to me, they would have suffered quite badly when they took our home.”
      “We too understand what it is to lose your rightful territory. Despite the Commonwealth being one of the largest nations in Europe, still, others have found ways to keep land that belongs to us. Together, hopefully, this will eventually be no more.”

Kwaka Dua leaned back in the chair, clasping his hands together in his lap.
      “You said you are here to ‘rebuild’ our homes?”
      “Yes, as a representative of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, I am here to offer something that can be extraordinarily beneficial to the both of us. I am here to offer the Ashanti Empire to become a vassal of the Commonwealth.”
      “You want us to be your puppet?” The Asantehene scoffs.
      “No, this isn’t about power. I officially requested permission to offer this, and I was given the power to draft the treaty. I do not wish to enslave your people. If I were to do so, I wouldn’t have come with weapons to break the siege, or bring food to your people.”
      Kwaka leaned forward and looked Czartoryski in the eyes.

“What is it that you seek by coming here?”
      “I wish to rebuild your empire. To get it out of this rut, out of this dirt. In the years to come I hope to be able to raise this empire as a jewel of Africa, to let others see it and marvel at the good that our two people can do when we simply work together. I am not here to control you, I am not here to convert you, and I am not here to destroy you. You asked me, by the mercy of my God, to break this siege. Now I ask you, by the grace of yours, let me help you.”

The Asantehene pondered Czartoryski’s words whilst monitoring his eyes and facial expression. The man did not appear to be lying. The Forces Kwaka commanded were but a shell of what they used to be, but with their assistance, perhaps they could regroup and save this empire.
      “I will hear you out.” Kwaka spoke in a measured voice.
      “I appreciate your generosity in this. There is no paper copy of the treaty, so if you were to wish to sign it at this moment that will not be possible. Soon the Treaty will be drafted, and then ratified by us both if you so wish. We will respect the sanctity of the Golden Stool, and it will be protected by the Commonwealth. The Commonwealth’s Constitutional protections of freedom and religious tolerance will of course be enforced as well. Together, we will create an economic plan to best utilize our resources to handle this famine and to prevent future events such as it, as well as rebuilding and modernizing the Empire. On that note, the Commonwealth will have advisors and engineers sent to assist with the modernization of your nation, but its effects will be long term, not something that happens in a couple months. With this modernization, there will be freedom from serfdom and slavery which will be implemented at your preferred rate. The Asantehene will still rule the empire and control internal affairs, as long as it doesn’t interfere with constitutional rights of course, but the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth will control Ashanti foreign policy and diplomacy. The directorship of such will of course take into account the will of the Asantehene and his people.”

Kwaka soaked up the information as he considered it. Certainly without foreign assistance, the Ashanti would lose control of the empire and all hope of taking back the Golden Coast. Currently the empire was in a state of collapse with Jojo Adomah and Yaw Owusu trying to defend Ouagadougou with their dwindling forces. Berko Baah still Guards the route through Sikasso into the Volta Heartland. Warrior supplied by the Sokoto empire, and perhaps commanded by Mohammad Bello himself, were reinforcing the rebels against Ouagadougou. The Asantehene once more turned his gaze to the Governor.
      “You offer a compelling agreement. But I must know one thing first, and it is something you cannot say, but show.”
      “What would that be?”
      “Your determination to achieve this goal. Prove you truly want this. Prove to the people your good will. March with us. Fight with us. If when the last drop of blood is spilled in this war, the Commonwealth still stands at our side, you will get your signature.”
      Czartoryski grinned.
      “So be it.”