Problem in game 2933465

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Problem in game 2933465

I do not know if this is the correct way to report a problem.
      In Game 2933465 I have upgraded my Light infantry by researching Level 2 but nothing has happened, The infantry is still at the same level. I am currently building more and when you go to the barracks it tells you that you are building level 2 infantry.
      Can anyone assist
      Thanks
    • Dr. Leipreachán wrote:

Hello vihamia,

Thanks for the report.

All new units produced after research upgrade is complete will be created matching the new level, however pre researched upgrade units will remain at current level.

All the best!
      Request just a bit more clarity on this topic please.

The pre-existing lvl. 1 infantry units (at start of game) are not upgraded when a level 2 unit upgrade takes place. I've confirmed this (Day 6 - very first game).

Question 1: what about new units produced after the level 2 research has completed?

Example 1 - infantry lvl. 2 to infantry lvl. 3.

Will any units produced beginning as a lvl. 2 automatically upgrade to infantry lvl. 3 once the lvl 3 research is completed?

or

Will all units produced as a lvl. 2 remain as lvl. 2 and only any new units will be produced as lvl. 3's?

Question 2: same question as #1 above regarding both for ships and natives.

In other words, there are no "overall" unit upgrades for currently existing units (with the exception of explorers) once a higher level of unit research has been completed? Yes?

Question 3: What about colonial offices?

Example - first colonial office (lvl. 1) is built in core province after performing research. Then research is performed for lvl. 2 colonial office once it becomes available. It is understood that the existing colonial office located in the core province has to be upgraded in order to function as a lvl. 2 office.

Now I want to construct a colonial office overseas in an established colony (after research lvl. 2 has been performed for colonial offices). When I order the initial construction of the overseas colonial office will the choice for building the office show as a lvl. 1 or lvl. 2?

In other words, buildings / infrastructure / etc. are a "progressive" upgrade (i.e., regardless of the level of research already performed, the structure must begin at lvl. 1) while combat units and ships (if the answers to questions #1 and #2 are that there is no automatic upgrade of existing units) are "functional" upgrades (i.e., the combat unit is produced as a function of what level of research has been completed prior to ordering the production of the unit to begin?

Thank you in advance for your replies to these questions>

wb
    • Hiho again,

whitebird wrote:

In other words, buildings / infrastructure / etc. are a "progressive" upgrade (i.e., regardless of the level of research already performed, the structure must begin at lvl. 1) while combat units and ships (if the answers to questions #1 and #2 are that there is no automatic upgrade of existing units) are "functional" upgrades (i.e., the combat unit is produced as a function of what level of research has been completed prior to ordering the production of the unit to begin?
      Once you complete building upgrade level research you will need to upgrade the building in the province build tab they dont auto upgrade you need to do it manual after each stage of research

whitebird wrote:

In other words, there are no "overall" unit upgrades for currently existing units (with the exception of explorers) once a higher level of unit research has been completed? Yes?
      Correcto
      Have fun playing!
      Dr. Leipreachán
      NWE Community Coordinator

Feel free to check these guides;
      NWE Combat System
      NWE FAQ
      A Quick Start Guide