Game 2937307 - Cannot Create Colonies Although AI's & Other Players Can

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Game 2937307 - Cannot Create Colonies Although AI's & Other Players Can

Game 2937307

I created this game and established parameters as 14 days of no aggression by either AI or players.

Ever since day one, I've been receiving the following message when attempting to send a colonist to a location after having first explored the same area:

"You cannot attack or invade computer players until 5:07 am"

All landing attempts have been in "colonisable" territories. The game stats were set to 14 days for both no warring with players or AI's. So I figured the message had something to do with that (this is my first game).

But today (Day 4), I found a colonist from an AI country on colonisable land which their explorer had also gone through ahead of (my explorer just happened to be adjacent to these two units from the AI country).

And now on Day 6, there are three confirmed established colonies by three different AI's.

And on Day 7, one colony has been created by one of the three players.

So now I'm thinking this is a bug and I should report it because I'm playing in a second game where there is a 14 day peace period (for players) and colonization can happen in that game as soon as an explorer passes through a location.

For the game 2937307 can someone please explain what the message "You cannot attack or invade computer players until 5:07 am" means?

I'm fine if it means there is no colonization until after 14 days, but if the message doesn't mean that then can someone please look into fixing the problem as my colonists are not being allowed to land anywhere and colonize lands that I have explored?

Thank you.

wb

The post was edited 2 times, last by whitebird: Added Day 7 confirmation that another player has been able to create a colony. ().

• Hiho,

I have asked the team about this as I would think as it is not an act of war but administration it should be allowed I will reply here as soon as possible once I get a definite answer (I have never had this issue in my rounds as I usually do not colonize unless I have a enemy free space)
      Have fun playing!
      Dr. Leipreachán
      NWE Community Coordinator

Feel free to check these guides;
      NWE Combat System
      NWE FAQ
      A Quick Start Guide
    • Hi again,

I asked the team lastnight and our ever reliable @maraudingscot was able to give me a answer to this question

maraudingscot wrote:

Normally if your colonist has to embark/disembark to reach a colonisable province it says you cannot until peace period is over.If, however you are one of the african/middle east countries, i.e. mamluk/hejaz/morocco then you do not have to cross another country or open water to colonise.It is a strange anonomally, but have done this a few times myself.AI can colonise during peace period, as it seems to only apply to non AI players.

I hope this helps with your query have fun playing!
      Have fun playing!
      Dr. Leipreachán
      NWE Community Coordinator

Feel free to check these guides;
      NWE Combat System
      NWE FAQ
      A Quick Start Guide

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dr. Leipreachán ().

• A big thanks to SF for chasing down the reasoning. Two requests though in lieu of having to deal with this situation without knowing "why this is happening":

1. Can this be added to the FAQ's (I'm one of those that reads the instructions first before attempting to play or use a new program - lol).

2. Can the terminology of the message be changed to read "end of peace period"? The coding obviously has to remain the same in order for the "temporary halt" to function properly, but can the message (the result for attempting to land prior to the end of peace period) be changed?

Again thank you for the assistance with this matter.
    • In the future, it's best to not place a peace period on AI, just on human players. reason being is you have to constantly be ahead of players explorers trying to colonize just as you are ,otherwise it's an act of war and not allowed, when you add AI to your peace period you have to be ahead of human player explorers as well as AI explorers. the competition is extremely high and the game is simply following your orders till day 15. That's why you can do what your doing now, cause it's day 15.