Unit regeneration/healing

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Just completed a bit of testing.

As Ducwingen stated in his original post, the repair / healing calculation is 15% of the difference between existing morale and 100% HP capacity (I prefer think of unit morale strictly in terms of HP and use the term morale for health of the province. but that's just me - lol).

Here are the results of the tests performed:

Test #1 - For Non-core Province

One infantry L1 @ 10.4 HP before day change. Total HP capacity = 20.0

After Day Change total HP @ 11.8.

20.0 - 10.4 = 9.6 HP x 15% = 1.44 HP

1.44 HP + 10.4 HP = 11.84 HP which checks.

Test #2 - For Occupied Province already transitioned to Non-Core Province, but prior to Day Change with Province Morale @ 25% prior to change of day.

Two Calvary L1 @ 36.6 HP prior to Day Change. Total HP capacity = 40 HP.

After Day Change total HP @ 37.1.

40.0 - 36.6 HP = 3.4 HP x 15% = 0.51 HP

0.51 HP + 36.6 HP = 37.11 HP which checks.

Test #3 - Occupied Province still converting to Non-Core Province after Day Change has taken place.

Three infantry L1 @ 51.0 HP before day change. Total HP capacity = 60.0

After Day Change total HP @52.3.

60.0 - 51.0 = 9.0 HP x 15% = 1.35 HP

1.35 HP + 51.0 HP = 52.35 HP which checks.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

So it feels safe to say that Core Provinces will heal at the same rate / ratio.

Colonies not yet tested nor have allied provinces (RoW and / or Shared Map) been tested.
    • Thanks for doing that White Bird :) ! I've been told units heal at day change of your game and it doesn't matter where your units are at. Difficulties arise in provinces captured do to revolting process or colonies, but those are listed in paper if anything. I know my units heal over time and you don't have to move them back to certain areas changing your strategy. Also terrain movements can whittle down the moral/HP of your troops and will not be in your paper..I only say to keep in consideration of longer healing times. For faster service there's always ducats, but even that can't be used if you are already comitted in battle =O
    • slushfund wrote:

Also terrain movements can whittle down the moral/HP of your troops and will not be in your paper..
      It seems like you are talking about a different kind of terrain penalty, one where staying in a bad terrain actually lowers your unit health over time (wounding it percentagewise, not temporarily-lowering its maximum health value for the terrain type)...and I don't seem to recall that being the case for any of Bytro's games, except perhaps Conflict of Nations (CoN), for certain units, but my memory on that game is a little bit fuzzy after nearly three years since I've played it, last.
    • slushfund wrote:

I've been told units heal at day change of your game and it doesn't matter where your units are at. Difficulties arise in provinces captured due to revolting process or colonies, but those are listed in paper if anything. I know my units heal over time and you don't have to move them back to certain areas changing your strategy.
      This was 2 posts above yours Bluemoon.
    • marzohnne wrote:

slushfund wrote:

I've been told units heal at day change of your game and it doesn't matter where your units are at. Difficulties arise in provinces captured due to revolting process or colonies, but those are listed in paper if anything. I know my units heal over time and you don't have to move them back to certain areas changing your strategy.
      This was 2 posts above yours Bluemoon.
      Thanks, since the examples were all land units in provinces, whereas most of my ships are at the high seas that was not clear to me yet.