Manpower

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I have seen this question come up time and again, and while I cover Manpower or MP at length in several articles as part of resource building, it continues to crop up again and again.

There are several major, easy ways to increase MP rates in your kingdom, which can be done at the start of any game, or even as the game goes on.

1 : Increase the size of the provinces. This is done by building admins at your capital (and can be done at Universities as well) and then sent to provinces of lower numbers, and when they arrive you will have to do a construction to increase the province size, and this will help in all phases of resource production, not just MP.

2 : Build Barracks, and Barracks upgrades. This is very straightforward. As you get more tech built in your kingdom, in the Warfare era I, II, & IV tech tree, you will find ways to upgrade you barracks. Every upgrade will mean that province can build more MP than before.

These first two steps done together, as pointed out on other posts can change your initial MP rate of around 129 to around 200 in about 2 days, just by increasing province sizes and building barracks and level 2 barracks.

3 : Insure occupied and non core provinces are upgraded quickly and efficiently to core. Core provinces give 100% production values of a province, and non core give 25%, while occupied are the worst requiring a garrison to avoid revolts and having a zero rate of income. As pointed out again in other posts in these forums this affects MP, resource production and silver income.
    • Marzohnne wrote:

I have seen this question come up time and again, and while I cover Manpower or MP at length in several articles as part of resource building, it continues to crop up again and again.

There are several major, easy ways to increase MP rates in your kingdom, which can be done at the start of any game, or even as the game goes on.

1 : Increase the size of the provinces. This is done by building admins at your capital (and can be done at Universities as well) and then sent to provinces of lower numbers, and when they arrive you will have to do a construction to increase the province size, and this will help in all phases of resource production, not just MP.

2 : Build Barracks, and Barracks upgrades. This is very straightforward. As you get more tech built in your kingdom, in the Warfare era I, II, & IV tech tree, you will find ways to upgrade you barracks. Every upgrade will mean that province can build more MP than before.

These first two steps done together, as pointed out on other posts can change your initial MP rate of around 129 to around 200 in about 2 days, just by increasing province sizes and building barracks and level 2 barracks.

3 : Insure occupied and non core provinces are upgraded quickly and efficiently to core. Core provinces give 100% production values of a province, and non core give 25%, while occupied are the worst requiring a garrison to avoid revolts and having a zero rate of income. As pointed out again in other posts in these forums this affects MP, resource production and silver income.
      Another excellent article for consumption by the new players as well as the well experienced.

I do have a question regarding level 4 barracks. The Details/Requirements are listed as:

- Barracks level 2
      - Province Level 9
      - Completion of Barrack L4 research

I really had never gotten to the point of having the opportunity of trying to build Barracks L4 until recently and I wasn't able to "jump" from a L2 Barrack to a L4 Barrack. Do you happen to know whether or not this is just a typo or is there an "approach" to this build that I simply haven't been able to figure out yet?

There is the opportunity to "jump" from a 0 Level Workshop to a L2 Workshop without building the L1 first, so I was wondering if there is a way to make the "jump" from an L2 Barracks to a L4 Barracks.

Thx!
    • I knew about the jump for Workshop from zero to 2 was possible.

As for the jump from Barracks to 2 to 4, it may be a jump, or a typo?

I suspect that in both cases, if in fact both cases do exist, the 'jump' was never an intended part of the game, but an error in programing?

BYTRO seems to be notoriously slow in fixing code when it becomes apparent that something is broken.