Meet the War Office

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Imperial Eagle wrote:

It is not true: this system is not in line with the speed of other Bytro products.
      I will not boast of my achievements in the other games, but I can guarantee that this game is at least 3 times slower than the others. Even in 30kingdoms in the European map, normally I can finish a game in 25-30 days. In this system instead it seems that the average length is around 70-100 days.
      I have to agree with point about game speed. much longer game here so far.
      Field Marshal Dan
      Community Coordinator
      EN Community Support
      Bytro Labs | New World Empires
    • Field Marshal Dan wrote:

Imperial Eagle wrote:

It is not true: this system is not in line with the speed of other Bytro products.
      I will not boast of my achievements in the other games, but I can guarantee that this game is at least 3 times slower than the others. Even in 30kingdoms in the European map, normally I can finish a game in 25-30 days. In this system instead it seems that the average length is around 70-100 days.
      I have to agree with point about game speed. much longer game here so far.
      Is there an optimal game length that the developers are aiming for and could someone explain what arguments are used to support that selection? I am posing this question out of a genuine curiosity and understand that both gameplay and the business element are factors to weigh. I personally would like to have a set scale between time lapse in the game and real time which would probably mean that 100 days would be a short game. I would think that game speed woudnt be too hard to implement as an option in the game creation phase.
    • 5games under 50days no ducats. quickest 35 days no retiring in any. everyone of them could of been quicker. People in global chat saying 25days to complete game. I know this can be done. In all the games stated I slacked off and missed whole days.
      I really feel this is misdirecting the game to make the wrong changes. If your game is over 70days,alot of your game was played when civilian caps existed. Miromanagement needs to be addressed but not trying to finish isnt grounds to complain about game length. Complain about micro or whatever the real issue is.
      100colonies=18points each-1800points-having 2000manpower per hour which is easy means 2days to make them
      level 4 monuments-20points each 100provinces level 8=28points each 2800points.
      rolling over npcs is very easy to for military conquest.
      I wonder what suggests the people who can't complete the game have? With 3 different paths to victory.
      To cut micro hold down shift key when province list is open. Sort the colonies so occupied or colonies come up. click top province and bottom province and build 9 at once depending on your screen resolution. Or use wheel mouse function to select all colonies at once?
      Improved tutorial or game manual might help but the imbalance in growth models I feel is holding people bak.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Croaker: expand statement ().

• ehh

with cap stopped at 275 I was able to test strategy of comming back to game after loosing all european provinces
      as CAP blocked opponents from growing to fast at some point I would be bale to create colonial empire and extend it hoping for win

with introduction of War Office starting game from position where you hold couple of colonies and say 5 admins doesnt make sense any more.... there is no possibility to defend against War Office Monster Empires
      ehhh

in 2 days time my continental empire will hit 550 cap without any problems, while my colonial empire (european provinces lost) is struggling to fill cap of 75 man ...

I guess it means mostly death sentence for small countries without proper diplomatic arragements.
      Panta Rhei

Make love, not war
    • my oldest game is at day 40 but i decided to stop my warpath about 10 days ago and build monuments i'm at about 70% VP and could of ended it a lot sooner if i'd continued warpathing.

2nd oldest is 39 days and that is taking a bit longer due to starting position taking long walking times and my concentration of trying to take over asia i've also not been focusing as much on it as there is no challenge in that game.

my 3rd game is at day 28 I'm at 61% VP full warpath and waring the last 3 players i don't expect it to take much longer than a week to complete especially if i start building up my army again instead of just using the troops i have.

i must admit most of my games don't have a huge human element in them and that could be the difference but really i don't know about 70-100 day games

the only way games take longer really is if you build monuments as you're increasing the VP's so need to get more for a full win. . . which is 1 of the reasons why i'm doing it in my oldest game.
    • I also agree that limiting level 5 monuments to 1 per player in a round is a very goofy move. Was this playtested? It has the effect of making rounds last forever, or nearly so. Even for a dedicated player who's determined to finish a round, it just goes on and on. I'm currently STILL playing my very first NWE round, 75 days into it. And it's not like I havn't been steadfast or lazy in managing my nation, I log in daily, and go through the drudgery of administering to 200+ provinces and countless wars. It's taxing. The game didn't need for rounds to be any slower or more tedious. Have you noticed that players seem to be leaving the game and losing interest? Decisions like this are part of the reason why.
    • Ok so guess what developers count them all but 1 person in this thread had more to say about your taking away of your monuments than a that a boy, hip hip huray, good job, for War Offices. Just thought I'd mention another way you blew this one by reducing monuments. 2 Econ/Colonists left, I need 200 points and he needs 200 points to win, I have 2 level 10 cities that just finished there lvl 4 s whoopee I plant 2 level 5 (old system) monuments
      Then I read in the newspaper him bragging how he's got 3 level 5's planted, I say Oh no so I spend 13,280 ducats so that I gain 2 days on him. No point now because it just wont ever be that close.