Recent update to the News Article Censorship program

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Recent update to the News Article Censorship program

We know there had to be many editions to the Censorship program for the Gazette article submissions, This is destroying RP, where as prior to the most recent updates we were not getting articles wiped as not allowed. Now one in 3 articles seem to be destroyed wasting a lot of valuable time and efforts to maintain an RP community. I have spent an hour of work in doing research typing and editing my article before submission. Please submit some form of notification that the submission is not accepted but don't destroy the whole thing it is possible that it can be altered. I really think this last censorship upgrade is beyond the pale. If it isn't fixed I am afraid you will never draw a strong RP community.

I also say it isn't a usage of foul language that is censoring these articles its something else. Please go back to the previous censor model, and leave it up to the community to report offensive articles, remember some things in history are offensive to the sensibilities of some but may also just be fact.
    • I cant say Im aware of any filter being applied to the paper.

its news to me.

Considering the support staff have not been informed about this, we cant help.
      [in truth I dont know if there is a filter in place to malfunction, or if this is just a bug affecting a few rounds]

the RP community is not very visable right now, thank you for speaking up for them,
      Field Marshal Dan
      Community Coordinator
      EN Community Support
      Bytro Labs | New World Empires
    • Devs confirmed with us today that yes an intended filter is added to the paper, diplomacy and chat.

Please make a report if you find it has malfunctioned.

It remains the case that only Devs can adjust this filter.
      Field Marshal Dan
      Community Coordinator
      EN Community Support
      Bytro Labs | New World Empires

The post was edited 1 time, last by Field Marshal Dan ().

• This has happened to me and it is very frustrating to write at the game menu several long stories, hit submit and then it is censored.

I do NOT write on a separate word program and then paste it into the game...probably should have.

Also we do not know what is being censored.
      I understand that as Germans you do not have same Freedom of Speech/Press as Americans because of your history and new cultural norms, but at the same time there is a mystery here as to what is happening.

I strongly recommend that if something is to be censored then you send back to the player the submission with the objectionable part highlighted. Then we can understand or argue appropriately and guide you to improve your program to comply with German law and your desired game culture.
    • EZ Dolittle wrote:

I strongly recommend that if something is to be censored then you send back to the player the submission with the objectionable part highlighted. Then we can understand or argue appropriately and guide you to improve your program to comply with German law and your desired game culture.
      I agree with this potion of the statement above whole heartedly, The article that is written may comply with all things but if one word is censored and we do not know what the offending word is how will we ever correct the implication that the entire story is bad. EZ did a test and found the one word in his story that was the cause of the rejection so he did a separate thread, we both want that word in our dictionaries.