Random Resources

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Raise the Spirits, set the Sails

here's the update you're looking for and its for games created after this update not existing ones. so if you're in a game from before this update it will be on the old rules.

Additionally resources will be randomised at game creation not when you come to the prov and explore it. I believe the spinning wheel is partly for Advertisement and promotion of the new update

I hope all this info helps answer your question :)
    • Sir Blaze wrote:

Additionally resources will be randomised at game creation not when you come to the prov and explore it.

So in other words the game which offered random resources before I created the game will now spin a wheel before I create the game to make random resources so when I create the game they are random... sounds like
      Schrödinger's cat has been busy... oh well - at least a nice graphic...
    • when you create a game all unexplored colony possible areas will get the spin to see what res they will produce. it's done the moment someone starts the game. and from that moment they're set in stone. it's not as dificult or as confusing as you're trying to make out,
      think of it like a game of civ when you start a new world. you save the game explore a bit find where you want to go then load your save game up and go to that area everything's in exactly the same place on this world as it was before you reloaded you just know the layout now. But if you start on an entirely new random world it will look different because it's not the same game. same rules apply.
    • King Phillip wrote:

So you are saying every time I leave the game and come back all the areas I have explored will now have different resources?
      Nobody is saying that. The point is, you can have several games of NWE running - more than one map of the same scenario. Before the update, all maps had the same ressource distribution - if you had explored the Azores on one map, you knew it will always have food, even on maps where you hadn't explored there yet. If you had explored Bermuda on one map, you knew it will always have luxuries, even on maps where you hadn't explored there yet.

Now, if you start a new map, you don't know in advance which ressource will there be on the Azores - you can't plan "i'll explore and colonize Azores first to get some extra food" in advance any more.

The maps you are already playing are not affected at all. You can test it, just log in and look at the Azores if they still have food - i'm sure they have, as in all four of my actually running games.